Tapering to a lower dose Paliperidone. Impossible!

I am currently on a 9 mg Paliperidone and a bit of Abilify. I want to eventually move to 6 mg Paliperidone… unfortunately for me, that is the highest dose after 9 mg so tapering is very difficult.
Paliperidone comes in only 3 mg dose intervals and I don’t know how besides alternating (9 mg one day and then 6 mg the other) I can reduce my medication.
Let me know through suggestions.

I think that is the only way. I take 12 mg on even days and 9 mg on uneven days.

1 Like

Btw how do you maintain your libido besides using Abilify?
Serious question!?

I have some libido left but it is low. I just prefer to not have voices all the time and high dose Invega is the only thing that helps.

@Jonathan2 How old are you? and How long have you been on Invega?
I am 25… recently diagnosed!

I’m 32. Almost 8 years of Invega.

What are your prolactin levels if you know them. Mine is at 44ng/ml.

I have no clue. Got it once measured years ago and they were high. My mental health is my priority.

@Jonathan2
Have you been in any relationship since being diagnosed?
I am single btw!

There’s a 1.5 dose of Invega.

I’m on 12mg paliperidone. Its difficult for me to play computer games while on 12mg.
I was able to play on 3mg.

Hi @Khai

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Volunteer Moderator
Rogueone