Talking to myself

Must be entertaining ti my neighbors.trying to shut up right npw.its embarassing.

7 Likes

Nonsense!! I talk to myself all the time but its always a monologue of things I need to do, be better at, or whatever else…but only in private of course. If people look at you crazy just tell them you’re taking a drama class and need a lot of practice so the words flow out better when you’re on stage! Sounds like a good enough reason to me! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Some times talking out loud to yourself can be therapeutic, I find it’s really nice to talk to myself actually! Apparently it can also mean you’re a smarter individual? I’d have to Google search why that is, again, but that’s interesting.

1 Like

@Cipher That is fascinating, as I always thought it was normal to do that. But I’ve had to do quite a bit of presentations and public speaking so talking to myself or reading out loud helped me become a better speaker…its practice afterall! :slight_smile:

That’s one way to get yourself prepared for a speech or presentation, by practicing out loud to yourself!
Yeah, it’s not actually too abnormal to speak out loud to oneself, though not sure why people think it’s only something mentally unstable people do?

1 Like

Hello,

What meds do you take Persia?

1 Like

Try to whisper so that they don’t hear.

2 Likes

If you are referring to what I take for SZ, I’ve tried several different Rx’s but Risperidone seems to work best for my symptoms. I do take other meds as well but they are for different medical issues.

2 Likes

I haven’t been taking my meds as prescribed lately though as I’m a little fascinated by SZ and how the mind generates voices and delusions, so I find myself to be a great research subject as I can’t keep myself from wanting to study it. I’m one of those people that will take a bug, slug or any other creepy crawler and examine it closely under a magnify glass so I can understand how it moves. I’m truly fascinated by everything in the world, but especially the mind and behavior above all else. I started studying the Brain & Cognitive Science at MIT’s OpenCourseWare in 2004 and have been addicted to it ever since. Afterall…who doesn’t want to take advantage of FREE EDUCATION…especially from MIT of all places!! But I really only take my SZ meds if I get overwhelmed or paranoia kicks in. The paranoia really sucks when it happens. The voices and/or delusions however completely fascinate me. Sometimes they get the better of me and I have to take my meds, but usually I enjoy them because it helps my research and I know it isn’t real anyway. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I sing a lot and say catch phrases when I’m alone lol

2 Likes

Im pretty sure they can hear me i just need not give as dn

A damn 18151515155

i talk to myself sometimes too but its ok i guess

1 Like

I always talk to myself. Not like talking to someone who isn’t there. But to myself like “ok, we need to go clean this” for example. It’s always “you” or “we”. Very rarely is it “I”.

It helps me understand myself.

2 Likes

When I was on Vraylar I talked to myself.

1 Like

I’m gonna get on Reagila very soon and I hope this doesn’t happen to me. Getting on Abilify might have exacerbated my logorrhea and it’s a similar drug. I haven’t read anybody else mentioning this but Glycine and Sarcosine eliminate this problem for me luckily.

2 Likes

I, we talk to are self a fair bit both in public and in private, only sing to myself or to the dogs when on my own.

Only really get off looks when I slip out of English and back into french.

Is a great help to talk out loud to help with planning things for the day, like get up! Feed dogs get dogs out wash teeth etc! And for cleaning out the other voices thoughts form my own

Helps focusing

1 Like

I asked my psychiatrist if it’s normal to talk to yourself. She said everyone does it but most won’t admit it. lol

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.