Talk about shady!

I just received a letter from a store with Amazon asking me to give a 5 star review in exchange for $20. I reported them to Amazon. Amazon says it’s not allowed

7 Likes

That’s not allowed. Good going you reported it.

2 Likes

Thanks @anon80629714 1515

1 Like

Give them a 1 star review and denounce them.

5 Likes

Yeah. Maybe I should!

3 Likes

Yeah yeah write them a negative review.

Lolol

4 Likes

I get free stuff in exchange for my honest review sometimes. But no pay. That’s skeevy.

4 Likes

I just gave them a one star review, and explained what they did

4 Likes

Yea thats ok but not forcing a 5 star review. Idk 20$ sounds shady. Some websites give me points that I can use but not even worth 1$ so I don’t do it.

3 Likes

What’s shady is that I’d have to leave a fake 5 star review, which misleads other people. It’s not a 5 star product

2 Likes

Yeah that’s hella sketchy. Good job reporting it. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @Montezuma!

2 Likes

It’s a good thing you reported them @CoCo
That is shady.

2 Likes

Thanks @Wave 1515

1 Like

I got a letter in the mail recently from someone I bought something from on Amazon that said she was a single mom and poor. She went into a bunch of personal problems she was having in her life and asked that I give her a positive review so that things might turn around for her.

1 Like

Whenever buying from Amazon. Always check RECENT reviews. Not TOP reviews.

2 Likes

@anon1517417 that sucks that the seller was trying to scam you. Did you report it?

1 Like

I’m not sure if she was sincere or scamming, but I didn’t report it. To be honest I’m not really sure what’s allowed when asking for reviews. :woman_shrugging:t3:

In any case, I’m quite ADD and normally so overwhelmed by my own to-do list that I rarely give reviews anyway.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.