Taking up a hobby

a hobby is something you do in your spare time and it could be anything, there are always groups for the mentally ill that do things like i was going to get involved in glass cutting where you could make stained glass window type things and also picture framing, there are also walks for people with mental illness and gardening. i was also doing an art class once myself in a community centre and every week when i was really ill a group of us use to go and play ten pin bowling or snooker/pool it was ok and it took my mind off of my problems for an hour or so at the time.

i dont have any at the moment but iā€™d like to sew my own clothes and write a book. my main thing is walking my dogs everyday depending on the weather. this time next week swimming will b a new hobby of mine once or twice a week. i also hope to do a pattern cutting course or sewing course so i can learn to use my machines both sewing and knitting but its an expensive hobby. writing of course is free but i need the motivation to do it. xxx

1 Like