Taking a partial break from moderating for several weeks

I haven’t been able to spend much time on the forum in the past couple of weeks and this will continue for several more weeks. I didn’t want anyone to worry if I haven’t been seen on the forum for a while.

I’m currently extremely busy with my “day job” since the tech company I work for is slowly re-starting on-site work. We’re still telecommuting whenever possible but some of the hands-on technical work does have to be done on-site and we are spending a lot of time developing work protocols and processes to keep employees safe. It’s very time consuming and stressful for all involved.

I will try to periodically check in on the forum and hope to be back moderating on a more regular basis in several weeks.

Take care of yourselves and please maintain social distancing and wear face masks when out in public. It is so important to protect yourselves and those around you to the extent possible and to reduce the spread of COVID-19.

27 Likes

Take care @Moonbeam!

1 Like

Ask yogini, she’s a real cluedo

1 Like

best of luck moonbeam…we’ll see you in a few weeks there or thereabouts

1 Like

Best wishes Moon. Hope to see you soon. Take care.

1 Like

See you in a few weeks!!!

1 Like

well cool…thanks for the heads up…we will miss you !!

1 Like

I’m just checking in briefly. I hope everyone is doing well. I’m still on a moderating break since my regular job is consuming all of my time currently.

COVID-19 cases are going up both in the surrounding community and similarly at my workplace which is scary. However, this is not unexpected since California is one of the many states experiencing significant increases in COVID-19 cases in recent weeks.

I have been tested for COVID-19 at my private insurance 3 days ago. I have not received the test results yet. I’m hopeful that my symptoms are allergy-related and not COVID-19, but we shall see.

Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones and your surrounding community by socially distancing, wearing a face covering when out in public areas, staying at home when possible, and washing your hands frequently. This is especially important now for folks who live in the U.S. with the current upward trend in COVID-19 cases in the majority of states in the U.S.

12 Likes

I feel bad for the US. Seems like it’s going to take a lot to get it under control.

Here in the UK they were looking at a surge in the winter, and reckon there could be up to 120,000 Covid deaths

Not sure I believe that, but we have to wear face masks in shops soon.

Stay safe @Moonbeam I hope you get through this terrible situation

2 Likes

I finally got my COVID test results and they were negative. I have to say that I’m quite relieved. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Corona?.., Has There, Been a, Large Number, of Death’s From, That Illness?.. :pensive:

oh-hi-there-lol (1)

Hello everyone! I hope you’re all doing well.

I will try to start spending more time moderating on the forum but I will have to limit my typing (so no long responses from me which is maybe a good thing :smile: ). I ended up with an ergonomic injury affecting my right shoulder and arm which is impacting my ability to type, especially since I’m right-handed. I should be able to respond to things like flags, using my left hand although I might be a little slow. :snail:

12 Likes

Welcome back! 1515

1 Like

Thanks! It’s good to be back. :blush:

1 Like

Wow, sorry you were hurt. I fell on my hand and wrist years ago and it took a long time to heal. I hope you fare much better.

1 Like

Welcome back! Hope your shoulder heals soon. Maybe you should seek physiotherapy for your right shoulder and arm.

1 Like

Yes, I’m currently doing virtual physical therapy via a telemedicine platform. I’m scared to go to PT in person because the COVID numbers are running rampant in California right now.

Welcome back @Moonbeam .

1 Like

That’s too bad to hear. Take care at this dangerous period of time and just wait for the vaccines for COVID to come.

1 Like

Hey, welcome back @Moonbeam!

As the emperor used to say in ancient Rome before gladiators fought , “Let the memes begin!”

2 Likes