Take Invega / Paliperidone at night feel extremely sleepy at morning help!

So I take Invega or Paliperidone at night (6mg) around 9:30pm. However I feel very sleepy at morning around 9am.

Can anyone please help me? It’s destroying my work routine. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Do u work …1515151515

1 Like

I am on Invega 9mg but i take it in the morning and i don’t have sleeping issues. For how long have you been on this med? I take it since January or February this year…

Same haha, i was whats that word… lethargic? or lazy… when i was on it haha, Coffe may of helped? i do not know it was quite a awhile ago.

Take it earlier…with depakote I have to take it around 6 pm. Any later and it becomes extremely difficult to wake up in the morning.

Im on invega shot and its terrible

How about if I take the paliperidone 6mg in the morning breakfast time?

Or as advised here, at 6pm evening?

when I was on invega I was taking it in the morning cos it gives energy, according to my pdoc.

1 Like

You should take it as your doctor prescribed it to you, we are not doctors here

1 Like

@froddo Ask your doctor about dividing your Invega dose.
Taking 6mg all at once is maybe why you are feeling so groggy in the mornings.
Maybe you can divide your dose into AM and PM times.
I divide my risperidone dose this way.

2 Likes

I was more awake on invega

1 Like

Yeah me too @ZmaGal.
Invega made me feel a bit wired/anxious.

1 Like

When I take my Geodon too late at night, I can’t wake up in the morning either. I now take it at around 7 PM, and that works for me. I end up sleeping 10-8 or so. Geodon tends to have a delayed release, though. I’m not familiar enough with Invega to know if it would work that way.

You should talk to your doctor about your concerns and see if they have any suggestions for you. Managing side effects is just as important as managing symptoms.

1 Like

I’ll see what happens when I take the 6mg Paliperidone at 6pm everyday.

Your doing well working on antipsychotics froddo, so give your self a pat on the back for that alone. I had to stop work when I was on zyprexa, kept crashing the tractor and stuffing up. I’m on the invega monthly shot, and not finding it too bad, 6mg is a pretty high dose though. All the pills are problematic and seem to have some side affects. I stopped taking my pills for the same reason,then I thought all the staff where conspiring against me and got in my car and just left. It was a really good job too. Sorry I don’t have an answer for you but I do understand.

1 Like

Thanks Anna, altho too early, taking it at 6pm did help me in the morning :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t use InVega or Risperdal as a long term solution. If you’re male there is a good chance your Prolactin levels will shoot through the roof and you’ll develop gynecomastia.

IMO stay away from In Vega and Risperdal.