Take A Dive?

When I was very young and learning swimming I was watching a young gal dive. she jumped a couple of times on the diving board then dived in sort of a flip motion, hitting her head on the diving board, was nasty and scared me from ever getting on the diving board.

I was a very strong swimmer, but never learned to dive off the board

How are you at diving?

1 Like

I love swimming but when I was a young kid I attempted a back flip off the side of the pool. I failed miserably banging my head into the side of the concrete pool. As a result I was always too scared to dive from a diving board.

2 Likes

I dont like diving, every time I dived I got water into my nose and it burns.

2 Likes

I used to love launchIng myself off a diving board.

I also got certified as a scuba diver so there was that too.

3 Likes

I never got the bounce down. But I could stand there and either jump off or dive off.

2 Likes

@ThePickinSkunk I am a certified diver too…have been since 13.

2 Likes

At the old swimming pool they must have had a 15 foot high board

I tried to do a back flip and rolled off the board and landed flat on my back in the water

It made a massive slapping sound, and my whole back was bruised !!!

Never again!

:rofl:

2 Likes

I was certified at 16. Had a hard time equalizing my ears so had to give it up. Was still fun to learn though.

1 Like

awww that’s too bad…I haven’t dived since before I was sick but I have a lifetime certificate so I still look forward to maybe renting the equipment some time…

1 Like

My son’s father when he was a little boy saw another little boy die from diving off the high dive at the swimming pool. It really messed him up.

1 Like

I used to love diving, used to go cliff diving every summer, then one time I dove into a shallow river and bashed my head and broke my hand and haven’t done a cliff dive since, but it is a good feeling especially the swan dive.

2 Likes

Always loved it, grab my ankles and yell squirrel.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.