T minus 5 hours and counting

I’m so glad you made it there safe and sound. And I know that you can make it through the family chaos unharmed. You just have to hold on for only a few more days and you’ll be back to normal!

I hope you can find some time to be alone with yourself and center. Just take like 1 hour and get away from all the stress. I’m sure that will help refresh your mind and help you to cope with the chaos better.

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

Thank you Anthony,

Now I know, the airport for me is harder then the flight. I’m really glad my Mom and Sis made the drive safe and sound. I think this helped their friendship a little.

The wedding was HUGE. The bride comes from a very very large family, my cousin is part of a very large family. There was a circus tent worth of people. Blessing in disguise, it was easy to slip away and not be noticed. It didn’t hit me until later how much that bustle of activity… sort of put my defense systems/ coping skills through a cheese grater. I sort of feel internally sunburned… if that makes any sense.

I’ve been working on taking some time to get away and decompress. I’m trying very hard not to be consumed by that edgy/ panic feeling. With the 4th of July just two days away, every firecracker explosion makes me jump.

Using my coping skills, keeping my crisis team close and doing all I can to stay in my skin.

I’m glad I finally got the fist step down in my fear of flying. I’m grateful I got to go to my Cousin’s wedding. Now I just need to rest and recharge from all the new input I guess.

I think you’re doing great, James. Hectic events with tons of people send the best of us into panic mode. Just remember your boundaries and slip away before you start to trigger.

I understand the 4th of July takes on an ominous meaning for you, because of the past. Are you going to be in California for it? Or back home?

Either way, I would surround myself with loved ones and stay away from the flammable festivities.

Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

I’m in Seattle for the 4th. It will just be my Sis and I because everyone else is still in San Diego.

I had to unexpectedly come home early. I got see the people I wanted to see, and be at the wedding… but the heat, the chaos and two huge families… all that hustle and bustle… I was starting to seriously take a nose dive so my sis packed us up and we got a plane home.

After a good nights sleep in my own bed I am starting to feel a little better. So now it’s just hide out until the 4th is over and smooth out some of the problems I may have caused.

4 Likes

I’m glad the flight went well for you! I’ve been okay, still dealing with the stroke and trying to get back into things. I can sew now but it’s slow going, so I can’t do any large volume of work.

Congratulations to your cousin!

1 Like

there is a pill for that…

ofcourse its better when you can do without, i dont like flying as well.

1 Like