Sz & Violence

I was court ordered for a violent episode.Its 5 years ago. I had downed a bottle of liquor, which would explain my lack of inhibition. I think you reasoning in your original post has some fairly good points. Overly inhibted/ no natural way of expressing anger, was the case for me, resulting in anger when drunk. I still become dissatisfied and angry when drunk, so I dont.

I was never violent.

Within two deep psychoses i was never violent.

Deep in evil delusions my response was to escape and not attack. That would have been very illogical.

I was violent towards my aunt when I was unmedicated.I actually went to jail because of it.I was never violent before my psychosis.I feel ashamed but I’m glad I got it out.I have never been violent again after that event.I was not in control so unfortunately I can see how people with our illness can harm people.

I have a violent aspect to my personality. At least I’ve heard people say that before. It’s ironic, because I will go to great lengths to avoid a fight, and I am always polite in my behavior. But I seem to have a warning sign telling people not to push me too far. This attitude can cut me off from others sometimes. I’m not too worried. I got myself under control.

1 Like

Many (maybe 30%?) are not violent towards others, but are towards themselves in various ways. Some do actual physical self-harm. Most, however, abuse themselves with addictions and self-abusing beliefs leading to social problems.

I’ve never been violent, even while under psychosis. Paranoid yes, but all that made me do is lock myself in a room somewhere an not come out. Even in my last relapse I wasn’t violent, just highly paranoid and panicked.

1 Like

Isn’t it true that many “normals” are the perpatrators and SZ are the victims. I mean if someone tried to commit violence on me I would definitely try to defend myself however I wouldn’t defend to kill like I’ve heard others say in conversation about the topic of defending yourself. Just enough to incapacitate unless I’m the one getting beaten up then theres really nothing I can do about that.

You might want to take note of what I wrote to pansdiease.

I’ve had a fellow SZ tell me they would kill someone if “x” happened.