Schizophrenia.com

SZ Magazine

Some people know about it already. But I just thought I would bring it to the attention of those who don’t. It’s a well-put together magazine that is all schizophrenia related, it explores many aspects of schizophrenia. It is helpful to parents or caregivers, and consumers alike. It is a little expensive but well worth it. It is $19.95 for a one year subscription; for a two year subscription it is $34.95. It is published in Canada but most of it’s articles also apply to people living in the U.S. It comes out 4 times a year. It is not a thick magazine, I wish it was longer but it is filled with articles about caregivers, inspiring success stories of people with schizophrenia, the latest news about schizophrenia-related studies, articles on medication, artists, the mental health system, etc. I’ve been subscribing for more than 5 years now. I think (not a 100% positive) that Latopla was featured in a story. ( I may be thinking of someone else). Anyway here is the magazines website :
http://www.szmagazine.com/
It is not like a scientific journal or anything, it’s very easy to read and understand without a lot of medical jargon.

6 Likes

Thank you I got a copy of it once from the lady who runs my in person soupport group, I really should get a subscription,. desimb

good stuff, I’ve been reading the articles, you’re right easier to understand without the genes and neurotransmitter lingo

I have read a couple of issues. My son’s last pdoc gave them to us. I follow it on Facebook.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks! Wonder if my son would be offended if I got this for him…