Sz lowers IQ by up to 30pts

I’ve always thought your non-verbal IQ must be ridiculously low to have an ID .

I’ve met people with < 69 IQ’s and you wouldn’t be able to tell that they had an intellectual disability. I attend a day centre for people with intellectual disabilities and their is one guy called Steve who attends with me got a complaint made about him from a Mencap support worker because every time she brought a client in Steve opened the door and was rude to her, she thought he was a member of staff for the day centre. Not somebody who has spent the last 40 years living in long stray ID hospitals and supported living.

2 Likes

I had an IQ under 70 on some areas as a kid but then got a score above average as a 14yo. Developmental delay?

2 Likes

What mattes is life experience

1 Like

I lost a lot of IQ points. I mean it takes IQ points to shower, dress, brush teeth, clean room, and do laundry for sure. With the more advanced stuff, yes. I cannot work really. I’m sure some day I might.

School is interesting but I rather do it online or just study alone and gain knowledge.

Some days I feel like I lost 40+ points, but other days it’s like 10-20 more reasonable. I have white matter lesions all over my brain but they’re small and non-specific. I’m sure my brain could heal and I could recover most IQ points if I got cured. Unfortunately, that’s impossible right now and I rather not dwell on the future.

I never had a proper test even when I took the ‘autism test’. They assumed I had normal intellect. Even AS causes IQ imbalances but it was more with social issues and probably ADD like symptoms among others.

The old me is still there but crippled by fear and emotions and schizophrenia. I still have interests in high level subjects like QM and math and physics but I cannot do anything with blunted emotions and poor executive functioning skills.

I would imagine my IQ is 120 on a good day and probably was 130 before schizophrenia. But nobody knows including the doctors and you cannot base an IQ score off nothing or verbal interaction.

Furthermore, I guess if my life was left alone, it could have been higher like 150-180 because I’m in a time loop (tabula rasa?) and probably delusional enhancements.

1 Like

Does cognitive impairment hit at once I felt I was fine before like a year ago where it just started getting worse and hasn’t stopped

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.