Sz.com Book Club (poll)

Well I am used to it, I need to keep my eye pressures low so that there won’t be any damage in my eyes, I had a laser operation two months ago and I use eye drops daily, I am hoping that my eye pressures are low in the next check-up in this month, yes it sucks, but it would suck more to lose the eye sight.

Yes, I have listened some audio books, but it was long time ago. I used to borrow these books at libraries.

3 Likes

The library I go to has many English-language books as well. So I might be able to borrow.

Audio books are a shortened or re-arranged version of the original book, right?
But at least you can get the idea…

I think this one is complete… Not sure haven’t listened to it all, but starts the same!

This is brilliant Minnii! :+1:

1 Like

It depends on if they are abridged (shortened, possibly rearranged) or unabridged (should be the complete book). It should say which it is on the cover.

1 Like

If some of you are not up to reading - well listening to the audio book on youtube is OK and I don’t think anyone should be excluded from having their in-put. Just my thought about it.

2 Likes

Reading is still a little difficult for me, but this can be a great motivation to finish a book.
I need a little pressure to finish one.
If it’s too difficult, I might give up, but at least I’ll try.
It would be fun to discuss.

2 Likes

What do you think - leave the poll for 24 hours to give everyone a fair chance to vote?

Yeah sure, tomorrow morning I’ll close it and we have a winner :smile:

1 Like

Yep - good idea!

@Minnii, One Hundred Years of Solitude for me will have to be a dead-tree book wherein I can go at my own speed. That audio version doesn’t give me time to digest the images. I’ll take a look at the sample at Amazon.

2 Likes

Oh no!!! :cry:

lol, whatever is best for you, I’m going to read the book as well :smile:

I’ve read so many E-books lately that I’d like to do one the old fashioned way.for a change.

1 Like

I was going to say that I have an awesome site where you can download books. But I wont post it here, if you want it I’ll send you a pm.

Please PM.

BTW, what about reading some Jorge Luis Borges stories. Wouldn’t short stories be easier for people who have trouble with long stretches of concentration?

3 Likes

Maybe Aleph, but he’s always a difficult read lol

Bukowski, i vote for Bukowski :joy:

You can vote on the next one! :smile: Will you join us on the club?