Symptoms over the past years

How has everyone’s symptoms been over the past 10 years, just out of curiosity. Have they improved, stayed the same, or gotten worse. Feel free to express yourself!

1 Like

I was doing well. I was eating healthy I was exercising every day doing lots of walking
I was out doing volunteer work and going on bus
I had breakthrough symptoms but not too often but the last two years I started to take a nose dive it may be menopause I don’t know but I’ve become a lot worse breakthrough I symptoms very frequently anxiety through the roof and low mood

2 Likes

My sza came back 10 years ago and it got worse over the years. But I’m on correct meds so it helps

1 Like

I’ve been stable for years, not better, not worse.

1 Like

i’ve improved loads in 10 years voices are virtually gone
I can handle some responsibility
i exercise more
eat less
am more grounded
had only one brief blip

1 Like

Positives better, negatives worse its been.

1 Like

I have ups and downs, with good years and bad years. Triggers for new episodes have for instance been AD withdrawal and mum dying and me not defending my boundaries in relationships. At the moment I’m surprisingly well, best in a long time. But I’m always scared of relapse. Sticking to my diet, to a low key life, to safe friends and praying nobody dies.

1 Like

The meds take care of the positives, but the olanzapine which I am on actually gave me a positive I never had before I started meds. My inner voice got totally out of control. It was like every thought was a sentence that I could hear in my head. After a while I found Vitamin B3 and vitamin D3 which has take away about 80-90% of it. It’s still a bit annoying, but much better.

When I switched to Latuda for a brief while my mind was completely quiet. The annoying inner voice I got after starting olanzapine was totally gone. But unfortunately I couldn’t stay on latuda because off insomnia coming off olanzapine.

I might try latuda again in the future if I can find a pdoc who is willing to give me a benzo on the side. My GP won’t do it. I guess GP’s don’t have the competence to make those choices.

I’ve been sick for 10 years. Symptoms are better but I do still hear voices and have strange sensations in my brain. Voices haven’t improved much. Some days I have slight paranoia but I think it could be anxiety also.

Today was a good day. No anxiety! Symptoms are minor. I went to the liquor store without any issues. I wish all days could be like this.

1 Like

i learned to live with my issues and i isolate a lot to be able to cope. I don’t go outside by myself and stuff but i feel ok these days even if things didn’t get better. I do focus a lot less on the symptoms though so that is good.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.