Symptoms Improving

I am getting better from my break two weeks ago. The doctor added Quentapine a week ago monday in addition to my Haldol. Haven’t been in psychosis for a few days now and the belief that people were reading my thoughts and paranoid has settled down. I guess now I will again have to start dealing with prickly opinionated mind again. Maybe start working on that tact in a few weeks.

8 Likes

Good news :slight_smile: Hope you continue to improve

1 Like

Quetiapine is a weak antipsychotic but it works for me and certain others.

Hopefully you won’t get negative symptoms from this episode, those suck.

Weird how you had a break while on meds, I guess meds only do so much, right?

Congratulations on feeling better @FutureAlex
Way to go!

How do U know…???

Quetiapine works for me. But it sure sedated me big time for a year or so.

1 Like

That’s how doctors prescribe these days. They medicate enough that you can function, but not enough to remove symptoms entirely or they end up leaving you over medicated, comatose, and in a puddle of your own drool. The new normal is that we have to learn to deal with a certain amount of symptoms on our own.

1 Like

I can’t remember where I read it but ziprasidone and quetiapine are weaker.

I was doing ok for a long time on 100 mg injections of Haldol. I had quite a few stressers in June, July and August and started Rapid Cycling with the bi-polar portion of my sza. Then the schizo symptoms broke to through. The 200 mg of quentapine were to get me out of the rapid cycling - at least they didn’t put me back on 800 mg of quentapine.

This is great news! I hope you continue to improve

1 Like

It’s always good to hear someone getting better :slight_smile: Congratulations.