Sweating a lot

Im sweating a lot sometimes since going from 6mg to 1.5mg risperidone. Does risperidone slow down metabolism? I think higher metabolism means more heat. On 6mg i felt cold

1 Like

I dont know. Have you checked your blood sugar level or A1C lately? I know you were pre diabetic at one time, if i remember correctly. I sweat like a pig when sleeping when my blood sugar is high.

2 Likes

I did blood test last summer and my a1c was 5.1%. it was 5.7% before i lost 55kg

1 Like

I remember on 80mg Latuda I sweated a lot too. I read it interferes with body heat expel

1 Like

NIce. Glad to hear it. Its good to catch that stuff early.

As to your Risperidone question, I dont have an answer, so I guess Im out on this one.

1 Like

I sweat doing nothing. Its annoying but no health issues. Im just internally warmer i guess and more sweat glands

2 Likes

I have hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating). Its really impacting my life negatively. My whole body is covered in sweat from very little activity. It doesnt help that its summer here either but it also happens in winter too. Im in the process of figuring out whats going on with a doctor. Might be an overactive thyroid. Its definitely not the meds. I really want to fix it. I look like a crazy guy coming off drugs when im in public around people wearing beanies and jumpers and im in shorts and a tshirt sweating my tits off.

2 Likes

ayyyy i have hyperhydrosis too bro hahah

sweaty high five!

2 Likes

:handshake: brethren in the struggle :grin:

1 Like

hahha :joy:
when i was younger i always used to opt for the fist bump :fist_right: :fist_left:

1 Like

My gdad breaks into sweats when his sugar drops.

1 Like

I never sweat at all on my meds.

2 Likes

have you ever looked into hyperhyrdosis or hyperthyroid?
could just be a normal personal difference but if its a lot could be one of those is an issue or potential future issue.

1 Like

I think its the wellbutrin making me sweat

1 Like

thats strange. antipsyvhotics usually decrease sweating and ability to body to cool itself. maybe when u reduced the dose h regained it ability to sweat?

1 Like

Maybe you tapered too quickly?

1 Like

Yeah my thyroid is all good. I probs have hyperhydrosis. My dad has it as well

2 Likes

@Bowens night sweats can be a sign of cancer.

Easy with the c word

2 Likes

Thanks so much for reminding me again @jukebox . I have my meeting to discuss colonoscopy on February 13th, btw. Trying not to overthink the possibility of it being C in the meantime. Iā€™m not going to let it worry me too much.

1 Like