Surviving Schizophrenia

I want to be one of those people in their 70’s or 80’s who have made it with this illness that long. Anyone else?

Currently, I have anxiety, depression, and paranoia.

I need to get on cymbalta soon. I’ll have to see my psychiatrist soon.

6 Likes

I’m sticking around as long as possible. I love being alive!

2 Likes

I want to stick around for a while as well. I want to see my son grow up and perhaps have grandchildren. I want to see what life brings. I still plan on getting rid of the schizophrenia in the meanwhile though. :slight_smile: It might be extremely naive, but still I hope.

2 Likes

I want to live! Even if they don’t come up with a cure in my lifetime I want to stay on meds as I am now and enjoy the little things in life.

2 Likes

I want to live for a good 70-80 years. Maybe to 100 if I get healed enough.

Only if I have kids though, otherwise it would be very lonely.

1 Like

I want to live as long as I can sustain myself. I want to watch my grandkids grow up.

2 Likes

How about 38 years? I was diagnosed in 1980. I sure want to live a long time too. Whenever I feel down, I think of Pinocchio to cheer me up: “Gee Jiminy, I want to be a real boy with schizophrenia.”

4 Likes

And screw just surviving; I want to live my life.

“Born to lose, live to win.”

2 Likes

I plan on reaching my seventies like Stephen Hawking. The longer I live the better the chances are for a cure so that in the distant future I can do the old man dance to celebrate!

5 Likes

I’ve had enough of it… no doubt I’ll live to 99… life likes to piss me off :wink:

2 Likes

I want to live for as long as I can with my partner. We both say we don’t want to be the one who has to live without the other. I don’t know

2 Likes

I’d like to live a long life but old age seems sad, and I can’t picture myself getting older. Hopefully I retain most of my health and nothing happens

2 Likes

Its great you want to live a long life. You got all the tools to do so. The internet is full of good advise to live a healthy life.

I heard 55 was the average life expectancy for schiz and you’re 1000 times more likely to kill yourself than a healthy person. Just letting you know what you’re up against.

I’m 62 and nothing terminal yet

I’m 35 and it feels like I have a lot of battling to do before the end. It’s rough but life isn’t always so bad. I’m not sure how long I want to live. That depends on a lot of factors. I know I will miss my parents greatly once they are gone.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.