Surely This Is An Email Scam

I constantly receive emails stating that the person named has deposited a few thousand dollars into my Paypal account.

What’s this all about?

Try to cash it out and close it.
You’ll find out soon enough.

I’ve forgotten my Paypal account number. I tried checking it.

I really don’t know much about Paypal. Call Paypal. Go to their website and look for “contact us”. Tell them you suspect fraud. I think the sooner you do this, the better. If you use Paypal is it kinds like a bank account? Can you go online and see your balance?

Pay pal is a type of bank account, linked directly to another bank account.
No one should be putting any deposits into without you knowing about it.

1 Like

It’s a scam, man. That’s the way all scams work - they try to make something too good to be true sound plausible. These guys are probably after your personal information. No one just gives someone a few thousand dollars out of the blue. You should report these guys for fraud.

1 Like

Scams usually break down into two categories: Something really good has happened to you, or something really bad has happened to you (check YouTube to familiarize yourself with these scams).

I once received an email (spam box of course) saying that I had inherited 9 TRILLION dollars, and it’s in the Bank of Nigeria. Of course I have to pay $99 dollars for my 9 TRILLION dollars to clear customs (and, no, they can’t take the $99 dollars out of my 9 TRILLION dollars).

4 Likes

It would be associated with the same email account if it were valid. Go to PayPal and click forgot password. Input same email address. And see where it gets you.

That’s 22 times as much as Nigeria’s GDP. Haha! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Don’t click on any link in the email.

1 Like

Well-known scam. Ignore.

Scam. There are many possibilities, but one of the likeliest is a link in the email will take you to a fake Paypal page where you will put in your password, and then they will have your password. Obviously you won’t be able to log in on the fake page. If you have money in that account and give them your password, kiss it goodbye, and if it’s linked to a bank account, kiss that goodbye. Yeah, do not click on the links. As long as you do not respond to it, you’ll be fine. You should forward it to Paypal’s fraud dept.

1 Like