Supplements for men

I know about sarcosine and intend to try that out and see how it effects my mood/negative symptoms. Apart from the meds and supplements promoted on this site, what would anyone recommend to obese men looking to get more energy to get into a regular exercise routine. What supplements have you tried that were effective?

Anything that doesn’t conflict or interfere with abilify/fluoxetine/hypothyroid meds would be ideal. So anything that doesn’t slow down my metabolism.

2 Likes

Taking Vitamin E 800 mg can reduce prolactin, which can cause fatigue, by 65%. Also reduces the likelihood of growing manboobs.

Good for people taking high dose antipsychotics that are bad for prolactin.

1 Like

I actually already had manboobs before I started on aps. Since I was a teen, it tormented me as you can imagine.

1 Like

Ah, condolences. I kind of have them too, but don’t want them to get any worse.

1 Like

Supplements to get into a regular workout routine? That’s asking for a lot from a dietary supplement… It’s also a pretty weird way to look at what it takes to exercise. I think you should just focus on slowly making new routines involving physical activity. Exercise isn’t about supplements or diet. It’s about finding your motivation and sticking to it long enough to make it a routine.

3 Likes

Well most of all I was looking for something for fatigue, I’ll look into that vitamin e and see if I like it. Thanks for the advice, I’ll take it on board before I decide to hit the gym. I don’t want to make a commitment I won’t stick to.

You could start exercising at home or outside before you sign up for a gym membership. That’s what I did. I didn’t want to sign up before I knew that I could stick to it.

2 Likes

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-17551/fountain-of-youth-5-tibetan-exercises-you-should-be-doing-every-day.html

I used to do these when I was in my twenties. They’re pretty intense if you’re out of shape, but I remember they made me sore as heck for days afterward. I’m gonna trythese for a while.

2 Likes

You really should post more!

3 Likes

I take l-tyrosine which helps with motivation and exercise it also helps promote normal thyroid function. Be careful tho bc it increases dopamine and stufd

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.