Supplementation

Which are the best supplementation to reduce negative symptoms and cognitive symptoms?

Calling @naturallycured

1 Like

I use a combination of Haldol 2 mg, Amyloban 3399, and Daily Essential Nutrients from Hardy Nutritionals. They are all vital to me, if I stop one for a while I start to deteriorate fast.

Sarcosine works on cognitive cant really say negatives

My psychiatrist said improvements in the three types, positive, negative and cognitive symptoms are interlinked. E.g. Positive symptoms improvement improve slightly negative snd cognitive symptoms. He’s right, because without meds my negative and cognitive were worse. I couldn’t even function in my own’s parents house unlike now.

I still have negative and cognitive symptoms significantly but less than before meds.

I have a fairly scientifically supported theory that chronic brain inflammation is the cause of positive and negative schizophrenia symptoms. I made a thread about it here:

https://forum.schizophrenia.com/t/the-brain-inflammation-theory-of-schizophrenia/185248

Interesting. There is many theories but the main one is the dopamine overactivity theory. That’s why all antipsychotics reduce dopamine in our brains. Also that’s why all drugs that increase dopamine cause psychosis, like weed, cocaine, etc.

2 Likes

So what do you suggest to cure/treat schizophrenia?

Im not sure if it helps negatives, but im starting saffron again against situational depression/anxiety. It is also supposed to help with weight loss and sexual dysfunction. I secretly hope it helps the other stuff too - cognitive, negative symptoms. It is a herb that has a mild effect, but always makes me feel better.

1 Like

I tried saffron, and got hives. Some don’t react like that though. Worth a try IMO!

1 Like

The supplements I’d go for, besides antipsychotics, are Daily Essential Nutrients by Hardy Nutritionals, and Amyloban 3399.

They are the only supplements that made a difference in symptoms for me.

I think general anti-inflammatories work a little too. Aleve and Tylenol work a bit but have bad side effects. I’m going to try white willow bark, which is like a safe tylenol that takes longer to work.

Be careful with how much willow bark you use. It’s the same as aspirin and can have the same overdosing symptoms.

1 Like

Will do, thank you.

All I know is it doesn’t have the same effects on the liver.

Tylenol works nicely to take the final edge off my headache so I can feel like 70-80% normal. I just want to be able to take something similar regularly without hurting my organs.

I overdosed on Tylenol once and I ended up vomiting on my way to the emergency. They told I was close to have a completely damaged liver and I would have needed a new liver transplant. My liver still hurts sometimes especially when I eat dairy and fat products. I have fatty liver disease. Trust me, its no fun playing with supplements.

1 Like

I hear ya. I’ll only take what is recommended on the tin though.

I’m reading studies about White Willow Bark and am getting kind of scared now though. There are spotty reports of liver and kidney damage from it.

I might just cancel the order.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this helps with negatives, but, I take flaxseed oil extract. It’s concentrated and provides omega 3, 6, and 9 which can help with cognition.

1 Like