Suit And Tie, Question?

So I know most of the ladies like a guy who dresses sharp, but if there is anything I hate wearing, it’s a suit and tie.
I like lose fitting clothes, Sweats, baggy Jeans, T’s, Sweat Shirt etc

Do you think its a schizophrenia thing not wanting to dress up or have a tie wrapped around your neck?

monkey suit

3 Likes

I only wear a suit & tie for special occasions. How some guys wear a suit tie from 9am-5pm, 5 days a week is beyond me.

2 Likes

It’s not in fashion any more.
Lots of Business Executives are working in casual attire.

5 Likes

Nah, I think it’s more of a comfort thing.

I can’t stand wearing ties. But if I’m rocking a fedora I’ll sometimes throw on a sport coat or blazer if it’s somewhat chilly out. And if it’s a special event, someones birthday or something like that.

But if I dress up and walk around my neighborhood I feel like there’s a big target painted on me.

Sometimes it’s good to try and blend in.

2 Likes

no. i dont think it is. Men seem to like heels for women. yet a lot of women dont like them but will wear them anyway. I guess it is the same.

I m certainly a jeans sn t-shirt kinda gal, but I used to dress up often nice. not as much as i did though.

2 Likes

Clean shirt, new shoes
And I don’t know where I am goin’ to
Silk suit, black tie,
I don’t need a reason why…

https://g.co/kgs/7BQ4Xy

3 Likes

I usually wear jeans, t shirts, and hoodies.

4 Likes

good point there. That has a lot to do with why i rarley do dress up too. I know women carrying a purse is target here. I no longer do that for years now.

2 Likes

Wow. Sounds like we both live in some tough neighborhoods. Yeah it sucks. People have their perceptions.

2 Likes

Dress clothes are just uncomfortable.

Period. For everyone.

This weekend I had to go to some of my husband’s work stuff and it required dressing up.

Nothing fancy, not like a black tie thing, but I had to put on make up, nice clothes and shoes. Brush my hair like a normal person.

In addition to being physically uncomfortable, something about being all dolled up makes me feel that I am being dishonest on some level.

Maybe a similar thing is happening with you.

2 Likes

I actually really like wearing suits and ties. I think they make me look sharp. But I’ve always been the weird one when it comes to these, “do most schizophrenics do this?” questions.

3 Likes

Coming from a female who doesn’t typically wear a suit and tie, I think it’s perfectly normal to hate wearing that. No one wants to wear something uncomfortable. I would wear flat shoes over heels any day. I think the concept is the same. Not to say there aren’t people out there who prefer the feeling of being dressed up over the discomfort of high heels or a suit. Long story short: probably not a schizophrenia thing, probably a people thing.

2 Likes

I’s all about how your attire makes you feel. I never liked dressing up, because I had always been extremely uncomfortable in any formal event.
I have always been a jeans and tshirt girl, but after my 2nd husband wanted me to look more like a girl, he got me used to wearing skirts (with shorts built in) and tshirts.
Now I like wearing them, but only if it’s comfortable.

1 Like

Most men who are in the public’s view of the camera are usually seen wearing a suit & tie. Men such as government officials, businessmen and management of professional sports team.

I don’t think any man would want to be frequently caught on camera wearing a t-shirt & jeans.

1 Like