Suicide Issues

After my grandfathers and best friend from childhood and “crazy days”(since he also developed schizophrenia) suicide,I decided not to make friends with people who are suicidal.It may sound selfish,but what people don’t understand,and I felt twice on my skin,is that “suiciders” leave devastation and despair to family and friends.When nowadays someone even suggests that can do it,I leave that person alone and never look back.Am I wrong?

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s wrong cause I am not in your shoes. I was delusional a few years back and attempted to take my own life. I think if my family and friends would have turned there back on me because of it. It would be very tragic. Most SZ struggle with this problem.

We all have been in that situation.When I was unmedicated,was wandering streets,voices told me million times to cross the street when the cars are coming.So I did.Now I see faces of those people pulling breaks in front of me.I never told that to anyone,but when my mother was dying,after these suicides I told her that and saw how it deeply hurt her.But she was brave to point that four year cancer took her without thinking of suicide.

1 Like

I used to think how to it hurt my family, and then i think if they understand my suffering maybe they forgive me… I get it past now.

1 Like

Think it’s a case you haven’t dealt with your own issues never mind dealing with someone else’s. You’re hardly a qualified therapist to be able to help.

I think it’s understandable under the circumstances. Try not to rationalize it or torture yourself over it.

1 Like

I would say you were wrong if you were the only person the suicidal person could turn to, but if there are others who are more inclined to help than you, it would be okay to let them handle it.