Schizophrenia.com

Suicidal thoughts just need to go away

When my mom was telling me about how her friend was very scared to leave her daughter’s side because her suicidal tendencies would come out all of a sudden (she would just be like I need to die NOW) I completely understood. I am that way as well and there are times where my urge to give up on everything is incredibly strong. Right now I’m feeling that and I hate it. I hate that I want to kill myself right now. I hate that I can’t stop thinking about the knives in the kitchen. I need to study for my exam. I know the only reason I feel this way is because I am being hit by many stressors at once. I know this will pass. It’s just AWFUL. I am very scared one day I will not be able to suppress these urges.

It happened to me once. I didn’t even consciously make a decision, it was like it just happened while I just watched. It’s very important to take such urges seriously, because it absolutely can go down like that.

I feel the same way. I’m sorry you’re experiencing this now. It awful really. It seems to get stronger some how. I get kinda scared for going off to college because the future always feels unpredictable you know?

I wish you luck on the exam. I have some coming up too and know how hard it is to study when thoughts (in my case voices) won’t leave you alone.

I’m lucky because my psychotic symptoms haven’t been all that bad lately. It’s the depression that’s killing me. Good luck on your exams too.

Hmm, I get more psychotic than I do depressed. Often the psychosis will tie into suicide some how eventually. I agree with @Turnip on that one.

Well I don’t have sz I have depression w psychotic features so it’s a bit different. Sometimes I get episodes with psychosis and sometimes I get them without. This seems to be one of those times without. (Thank god, the last thing I need to add to this is demons harassing me at night)

Ah, that makes more sense. I guess, we all just have to stick together :slight_smile: . I’ll study for my exam if you study for yours :smiley: . We are survivors.

1 Like

Sorry you’re feeling suicidal. Talk to your pdoc about it next visit!

Good luck with the exams too. Stressful stuff will pass soon.

I don’t know if this will help/ is appropriate… But when I was Tripping out hard on drugs to the point of death. One of my friends just told me simply breath and smile. Helped me out tons that night…

2 Likes

I have a problem with suicidal urges too, I’m very strong right now against them, but my biggest fear is if one day I’m not.

I don’t have a solution for this, the only thing I can come up with is “I’ll go when it’s my time to go, not by my own hands” and it usually helps me that thought.

2 Likes

Just know that they will pass. It happens to me too.

Hope you feel better anna

Just try to concentrate on what’s right in front of you. Like what is the next task that has to be completed. Don’t think to far ahead or dwell on the past as that gets overwhelming and scary.

My own semester seems never ending and I’m getting bogged down and overwhelmed. I’m crying at the drop of a hat now and my nerves are fraying. It’s hard not to think of what might happen in the fuuture but I have to stop and say I’m not a seer.

1 Like

I’m going to talk to my therapist about what to do tomorrow. I wish there was some kind of “depression benzo” that you could take to immediately relieve those suicidal urges

1 Like