Schizophrenia.com

Sugar challenge

Congratulations on having regular meals and avoiding take away that must be a good feeling. :slight_smile:
That’s awesome that you got your son involved he will appreciate that when he gets older. I think it’s good to introduce that as habits early on.

I myself have very recently added a pretty wholesome marmalade and soup stock with sugar in it, as weird as that sounds. It’s minimal added sugar for both though. And I’ve added things like hummus that I was avoiding before cos of the oil content.

Generally I’m feeling very content at this stage but once I get to 68 kg, I will make my diet stricter. I’m beginning to think I want to be 60kg again (166cm) instead of 65kg

Keep up the good job with the healthy eating it’s a worthy thing you’re doing.

1 Like

I purposely am not making my diet strict yet because I think I need to do this in stages, last week I overate on healthy food instead of junk food. Now I’m going through a period of minimal sugar etc but moderate meal sizes.
And later as weight comes off I will become a bit stricter in my food choices. Eg no added sugar at all

1 Like

How did you feel after eating bread?
Have you generally avoided it beforehand?

1 Like

Good, you sound in control, having thought things through well. I think stages are fine. I did that too. I think 60kg or 65kg is both okay…it is especially important to eat well so you are healthy and feel good i guess.

I already didnt eat much bread and tried to quit it with this challenge. I have been recommended to follow a low fodmap diet by a doc, which leaves out a lot of food (gluten, dairy, certain vegetables, fruits, etc) but im also choosing stages. Kicked out sugar and gluten first. I felt very sad, tired and with mild GI trouble after the bread…but im not sure if it was the food or my pms starting. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Sounds like you would do well by trying to add the bread in afterwards. To see how it affects you seperately from the pms.

Keep us updated if you want!

I did take out gluten a week ago. I’ve read some stuff about how it causes the immune system to attack the lining of the gut and stuff. Dunno how reliable that info is but just from feeling better without gluten I’ve decided to keep it out if I can.

2 Likes

I need to cut out ketchup and Raisin Bran cereal.

I’m just going to eat less that’s all.
Counting calories is important.

1 Like

The culprit behind gluten being bad is the zonulin protein, which opens up the tight junctions in your intestinal lining, allowing food particles into your blood stream which causes autoimmune havoc.

2 Likes

Oh interesting from what I read I think I read the immune system sees some of the gluten structure as an invader/pathogen so it attacks it, but at the same time also inflames/attacks the lining making it leaky and so toxins can pass through. Idk if I remember correctly though and the reliability of the source. But what you say sounds interesting too never heard of that.

2 Likes

I used to get a lot of takeout before the pandemic but I’ve been too scared of contracting COVID-19 to even consider getting takeout. It’s been almost 3 months since I’ve had takeout.

1 Like

Ok folks. I’m gonna made a thread called “Easy Healthy Recipes” to which y’all can add your own.

4 Likes

Nice idea! 15151515

1 Like

Buckwheat vegetable stew with reduced fat hummus lightly mixed in

2 Likes

Looks good!

I will eat seabass and spinach tonight.

1 Like

If anyone is craving sugar type energy in a delicious form I’ve discovered the best thing for it.
They are called Nakd bars, the peanut delight flavour, so good.

Just three ingredients peanuts dates and sea salt sounds boring but somehow it’s super duper!

1 Like

Sounds good. Nice treat for son too. We like dates and we like peanut butter, so this sounds like a great combo.

1 Like

I’ll try 7 days

1 Like

Nice, welcome to join!

I have noticed the first days were hardest. They did make me aware of how much sugar i was eating and what the effect was. Now im used to it. Only a few moments i still find it hard. Hope it works out well for you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.