Suffering from sz is forced ascetism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asceticism

Asceticism (/əˈsɛtɪsɪzəm/; from the Greek: ἄσκησις áskesis, “exercise” or “training”) is a lifestyle characterized by abstinence from sensual pleasures, often for the purpose of pursuing spiritual goals. Ascetics may withdraw from the world for their practices or continue to be part of their society, but typically adopt a frugal lifestyle, characterised by the renunciation of material possessions and physical pleasures, and time spent fasting while concentrating on the practice of religion or reflection upon spiritual matters.[3]

–when u are deprived from pleasure in this world cuz of anhedonia and avolition, u really start reflecting on spiritual matters and start seeking god, yes as an escape and for solace. It’s very visceral most times and that’s all i will say cuz anything else might get flagged.

Yo yo yo, here we, here we, here we go, here we go again, and that’s the way it is.

5 Likes

You’re ■■■■■■■ right man.

2 Likes

It is not forced asceticism, it is forced reclusion. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I suffer from it. Not just cuz i’m a recluse, i suffer just as much when i’m spending time with ppl if not more.

Thank you @Gonehuntin

Thank you @Tomasina that songs reminds me of being in Sedona, Arizona. It’s a very stilling place. Grounding. Wish everyone could visit it.

3 Likes

Now into my 60’s and looking back, I did without a lot. A lot of the time, the only path I saw was to do without.

Jayster

…deep. Without what? Expectation of reward i guess, or the volition usually expected.

Well, I went without much in the way of clothing. I had one pair of boots I wore to everything, for example. I did without kewl glasses or contact lenses, as well. If it cost money, I did without . . .

J.

Oh i see, sort of forced non-materialism

1 Like

I’ve been in Sedona. Stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast while there.

1 Like

I live kind of an ascetic life, amid luxury. I stay isolated in my apartment most of the time. But, I never go without. I have plenty of food, material things and services. I guess I am very blessed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.