Suddenly I need more heart tests

Dr. Gurley was supposed to have her last visit with me in a couple weeks…now since I had an ekg at the other heart doctors she wants more tests plus when I’m doing for the other heart doctor…hope this doesn’t mean something urgent.

4 Likes

Will put ‘outside’ on for you later bro.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t read too much into it. My doctors have had me do every test under the sun every time I have a complaint about a pain or whatever. Sometimes they just like to be thorough. Which is kind of a good thing when it comes right down to it.

4 Likes

Because of your age they are being thorough. Try not to worry.

2 Likes

thanks guys…yes, I will relax about it…I’m in good hands…I just hope it’s not another stress test…that was awful.

2 Likes

Did you have the one you go in the machine and then they inject you with that stuff that makes you feel extremely uncomfortable for like 10 minutes? I hated that one. WOuld much rather have the injection that simulates running or the good old fashioned treadmill test.

I had a treadmill test…no injection…thank goodness…she said since I wheezed when I breathed during the stress test that it was a good thing I passed the test because wheezing they won’t give the injection.

1 Like

I was injected with stuff at cardiology clinic when paranoid. They explained it made little bubbles that help imaging the heart

1 Like

My heart rate was abnormally high back in 2016-2018, reaching 115 bpm while simply standing.
I saw an incompetent cardiologist who prescribed me nothing and said I was young and looked in good shape (I was overweight).

:scream:

Eventually my pdoc added a beta blocker to the med list and things got much better.

2 Likes

@Andrey I believe my heart med is a beta blocker at least that’s what my nurse cousin said.

2 Likes

Hopefully the dr is just trying to cover their a** and there’s no reason to be worried

1 Like

nooooooo. i have to have a stress test in a week or so. i hope they dont do that :frowning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.