Such a bad day! :(

How many psychotic episodes have you had, @frencheese ??
If you’ve only had one episode, some doctors advise that antipsychotics be taken for a year, then stop.

I only had one episode, and then I took APs for 3 years. Now I’ve stopped taking them and I realized that Abilify was worsening my avolition by about 20%.

Just leaving this here. Whatever you decide, please consult with your doctor first. Don’t take decisions about meds on your own :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I was psychotic for five months straight pretty much. They put me in the hospital for about two weeks and put me on risperidone and my voices disappeared for a few days and I was immediately noncompliant. The voices came back until the second time they put me in the hospital, when I finally accepted that there was something wrong with me. After that I was med compliant.

So I don’t really know if that was two psychotic episodes or one. But I’m worried if I go off meds that I will be psychotic all the time. They did court order me to take meds but that ended in January.

The next thing I’m hoping to try is Vraylar. I finally have a pdoc appointment in the middle of August.

1 Like

It takes a few months for meds to work their magic completely. Your relapsing after only a few days is not indicative of a second episode, but rather the first episode hadn’t yet died off completely. That’s my two cents.
Anyway, go ahead and try Vraylar. It’s not available in my country but I am eager to hear about other people’s experience with this new med :slight_smile:

1 Like

You greatly improved your health when you quit smoking. Half the people who smoke die of smoking related complications. Think of the money you save. Quitting smoking is something not everybody can do. As for the other tasks. I don’t do them. I give myself credit anyway. I do a few odd jobs around the clubhouse and apartments for a little bit of money.

1 Like

Thank you @crimby I guess I do not ‘feel’ the reward part of doing good things anymore. Strange reaction!
I am glad though as it is a completely useless habit. I am vaping a little bit right now, I guess in a few weeks I will stop that too or keep it as a fun pastime for parties.

i actually do a whole lot on a daily basis. Other than work, clean, cook, organize, it is never enough to satisfy myself :frowning: