Study Erred In Finding No Link Between Teen Pot Use And Psychosis

A surprising study that found no connection between male teens’ marijuana use and the risk of psychotic disorders is in error, the researchers said Wednesday.

When the results were published last August in a journal of the American Psychological Association, even the researchers said their findings were surprising. Over the past couple of decades, there have been at least 10 different epidemiological studies that found smoking marijuana increases risk for developing psychosis later in life.

The APA released a statement saying that the “results from this study generated considerable controversy, including requests for supplemental analyses” because most previous studies have found that chronic teen cannabis users might be more prone to health problems, including mental illnesses and physical illnesses like respiratory problems.

“In my studies, the female marijuana users are the ones that really show increased depression and anxiety symptoms.”

Read the full story here:

Statement here:

and original related research here:

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(14)00117-5/fulltext

Laughing.

My.

Arse.

Off.

Oh, and…

I. TOLD. YE. SO.

So there.

Pixel.

1 Like

Oh well.

(and fifteen characters is all we need)