Struggling with my appearance lately

One of my voices main focus was that I didn’t look good enough.

I think therapy could possibly help if there’s any way you could break away from the house.

It’s funny because wat attracts me to people is looks to an extent but also wat invisible stuff shines through makes a significant difference.

I could easily fall in love with someone plain simply because I find them attractive cos of wat shines throu.

This is just a reminder to me personally that looks standard’s are not too picky for me.

I hope to find a guy like that one day.

I also told them at my therapy consultation about this to work on that.

Nevertheless I try effort wise to look 'somewhat different

But there’s only so much I can do n that’s ok

2 Likes

@Ooorgle. There’s nothing wrong with the way you look.

2 Likes

Thank you Loke, I’ll try to remind myself that. It’s a long running delusion, but I’m working on it.

2 Likes

Do something that raises your esteem, like play a competitive multiplayer game you are good at. That will flip the dialogue around.

Your self image is bottoming out, that’s why you are generating those negative voices.

2 Likes

I used to care what I looked like. Now I don’t care at all. I’m a mess. No one I want to impress.

1 Like

This is how I feel, too.
(I don’t think you’re a mess though. :heart:)

2 Likes

I can relate to a lot of what you said. Especially not wanting to leave home.

2 Likes

@cdwithdcs why don’t you want to leave home?

2 Likes

Cuz people will be mean to me or make me feel uncomfortable.

1 Like

People make me feel uncomfortable too outside.

2 Likes

I can’t stand to look at myself in the mirror, since gaining 60 lbs. for the record I think you are gorgeous. @anon54386108

1 Like

I don’t have voices criticizing my looks; that’s all on me. But I know what it’s like to feel fat and unattractive. It just sucks, and sometimes, there is no convincing ourselves otherwise. Wow, that’s a depressing thing to say. Sorry.

1 Like

You’re on my list of people I’d like to hug @anon54386108. If there’s a bit more of you to hug, that’s a good thing to me. There are too few people who are awesome on the inside, you know.

:blush:

3 Likes

I haven’t seen a pic of @anon54386108 but I don’t pay enough attention to the selfie threads anymore.

1 Like

I rarely post on the selfie thread anymore,

But this is me, earlier today.

25 Likes

You’re gorgeous!!! Thanks for posting. I rarely post mine either.

2 Likes

Thank you, Pianogal.

I wasn’t fishing for compliments, but I appreciate it.

It’s good to put a face to a peer. I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

I would say that you deserve some pampering. You deserve to feel attractive. Deserve a day where you can feed your Wilde’s instead of always being caretaker.

1 Like

Thank you, @Ooorgle.

I think I’m probably just stressed and tired,

Its making a difference with my symptoms.

1 Like

You are absolutely beautiful. Please don’t doubt that.

2 Likes