Struggling to figure out what to do about a friend

Oh he’s thick, believe me LOL. I have told him point-blank before, and he seemed to get it for a little while, but then he slips into the same old routine again.

I’m going to leave it for a few more days until I’m calmer, and then give it to him straight again. If that doesn’t work, ■■■■ him he’s blocked

Does he do crack. I’ve seen someone high on crack before. A lot of energy

2 Likes

I think he used to be addicted to Oxycontin. He went to na, now he’s on the methadone. I think the damage has been done, though

2 Likes

I would tell him I’m blocking him because he doesn’t respect my boundaries. Then I’d block him and move on with life. He’s harassing you and it’s not cool. He seems like a stalker to me

2 Likes

So I sent him a message. I kind of lost my cool, but it’s hard not to be pissed when he has been interrupting my life for months now.

I feel kind of bad for the guy, he just lost one of his cats and his mom is not doing well. But I just can’t take it anymore. It’s not like I haven’t told him point-blank, in black and white not to text bomb me. And it’s not like I don’t have my own mound of s*** to deal with everyday

He has interrupted dozens of my phone calls, and woke me up in the middle of the night because he’s bored on several occasions… and the list goes on

I hate being put in this position, but anything less and he just wouldn’t get it

4 Likes

Based on what you’re saying, you have too, to keep your life steady.

I don’t think you have another choice, because your friend isn’t willing to change the way he is communicating with you.

2 Likes

We’ll see how he takes this latest, but I think you may be right

1 Like

It’s a tough situation dcragg65.
On one hand, you want to help; on the other, he’s contacting you too much.
You may tell him, until he changes his texting/calling pattern/behavior, that you’re unavailable.

Thanks @Ares . I did tell him that I just don’t have the energy for other people’s problems. I’ve got my own s***. If he doesn’t get that, I’m just going to ghost him

Tell him you’ll block him if he still sends too many messages, then block him if he keeps sending too many messages.

1 Like

I’d stay away from ultimatums. It’s just fluff and games. There’s no need to make it messier. I say get to the point. Either cut him off or don’t, whichever.

That’s where it’s at

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.