Stress triggers episodes

I don’t do well when stressed. Paranoia increases. Ability to think well decreases. Sometimes derealisation occurs. Sometimes flu like symptoms occur. I lead a rather low key lifestyle to try and avoid potential stressors

Glad to know I’m not the only one who gets flu like symptoms too. When my breakthrough on Easter happened the flu like soreness and tired feeling began first. Thanks @firemonkey

2 Likes

@Turtle43 Thanks back to you. You’re the first other person I’ve come across that experiences it!

2 Likes

It’s also the same way my first psychosis started. I thought I was hallucinating because of the fever.

1 Like

A response from a pdoc on Twitter.

Flu can cause a stress like reaction Also stress if causes increased corticosteroid releases can cause fatigue

1 Like

Stress puts me in the hospital. I have to be very careful with stress.

3 Likes

My paranoia hits me hard whenever I’m stressed, and then my positive symptoms are more pronounced. I try to stay as calm as possible to curb this, but it’s incredibly difficult, and a lot of times impossible.

I’d suggest being a bit more selfish, if you can. Sometimes you have to for your own well being.

3 Likes

Stress makes me super paranoid. It’s an awful feeling

2 Likes

I can’t handle even a moderate amount of stress.
My moods will become unstable and my paranoia will increase too.

Were you prescribed a PRN benzo @Turtle43?

Maybe this could help you.

Yes but I try to only use it at night to sleep.

1 Like

More from that pdoc.

Could be corticosteroid over production

In reaction to stress

1 Like

Never thought about it like that, it makes sense. Thanks for researching it.

I’m also under a terrible amount of stress with my marriage but I’m going for therapy so hope to manage it. And meds help too.

I hope you find some nice way to de-stress

1 Like

When I used to hear voices, stress would make the voices worse.

Stress also triggers my eating disorder.

2 Likes

It’s like you take 3 steps forward and 6 backwards with this mi.

1 Like

Yes, stress makes my mental health so much worse.

In April of 2019, I tried switching to a new job. But the job was soooo incredibly stressful. I would cry when I got home from work and I was grinding my teeth constantly, which I didn’t have a problem with, before.

But then in July of 2019, I ended up in the psych hospital.

I think that if I never tried that new job, therefore never going through that stress, I think I wouldn’t have been hospitalized.

With everything you’re going through, can you somehow lessen the responsibility of driving your mother around? Can anyone else help out? You don’t have to text people back, who are being nosy. If they are being nosy, can you just ignore them? As far as living alone, could you get a pet? Like a cat, to keep you company?

I hope you start feeling better soon.

4 Likes

Thanks @Blossom I think I’m just going to move back in with my Gma in the next town it would eliminate it all pretty much.

Do what you gotta do right…

5 Likes

You are so right! Do what’s best for you. Sometimes, people say that you should put others before yourself… but that can be very bad if you never take care of yourself at the cost of helping others. You gotta do what’s best for YOU, and everything else will fall into place. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Yes stress triggers my sz and anxiety. It happens when I try to force myself do stuff.

4 Likes

Both psychological and physiological stress trigger psychosis for me.

4 Likes