Still worried I have mad cow disease / CJD

I would do that also but if I make it a point to get up I’m fine after my coffee. And I do I work full-time.

That’s good that you can work. I had a job but I lost it due to paranoia and voices. Now I’m in school.

1 Like

You may have to be picky on the type of work. I work mostly by myself so I get a little slack. Working is good for recovery I wouldn’t give up. I didn’t hear voices but was pretty paranoid when I went back to work. I do know an unmedicated guy that hears voices he works at a gas station but seems to isolate. Think he’d be better off medicated

I really think I have it. I’m going to the doctor on the 12th, so I’ll talk to her about it then. The voice in my head says “you got it. And this time you’re gonna die from it.” This tingling feeling in my head just won’t go away. The voice says “you thought God was a murderer. So he’ll never cure you.” I had this idea in my head that God was a killer because he struck some people down in the bible. That’s partly why the voice says God gave me CJD. Listening to music and working on homework help distract me from the tingling but it never really goes away.

This happened to me before. Back in 2013 I heard a voice in my head saying “you have mad cow disease.” After the voice said that I experienced tingling in my head that lasted for weeks. Eventually the tingling went away though. This time the voices say it won’t go away though. They say I accused God of murder in my head, so this time I have it for good. Then after I die they say I’m going to hell.

The voice in my head told me that I was going to die soon, but I never saw this coming.

I wouldn’t worry about contracting mad cow disease. It’s quite rare. The United States has stringent regulations in place designed to minimize any threat to humans from cattle. The FDA prohibits the use of cattle materials with the highest risk of harboring BSE in human food

The symptoms are rapid memory loss and cognitive dysfunction, motor complications like myoclonus and a rapid course. There can be personality changes and mood changes. However, isolated anxiety is more likely isolated anxiety. If you are really worried see you family doctor so he/she can get a history to see if your symptoms match.

3 Likes

I am at risk of contracting CJD through human growth hormone harvested from cadavers with dementia in the 1980s. I can no longer donate blood or organs. I haven’t experienced any of the symptoms you describe. I can be your canary down the mine. At the moment I’m fine, so don’t worry about it.

Best wishes,
Padster

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.