Still shook up

Still a little shook up from last nights dreams. It’s stupid. I know they were dreams, it’s just they felt so real and they keep replaying in my head. I think part of why they felt so real was that I was sort of awake. I could hear things going on around me. At the time I could comprehend what was going on around me but I was still sleeping and dreaming. Now I cant tell you exactly what was going on around me because I dont remember. I know it was a dream because it felt like a dream and not a hallucination.

2 Likes

I hate those dreams. They are hard to recover from. Takes me most of the day.

1 Like

Yeah. Then by the time I recover it’s time to sleep again and do it all over.

1 Like

I usually get out of bed for a bit to get the dream out of my head, if I go right back to sleep the dream continues

1 Like

I get weird dreams many times but some are pleasant from my past.

I’m sorry you are going through such a difficult time @NeoPolitan02

Sleeping with stuffed animals could help.

1 Like

@Mountainman I dont know that I’ve had them continue. I have found that they happen when I’m both sleeping and awake. Like I tried to explain earlier. I dont know how to explain it though. It’s weird. So in order to bypass that I will often times stay up until I’m so tired that if I close my eyes I pass out within a minute or two. Which is admittedly not the best strategy but that’s how I get to sleep again after a dream. Even of I get up they just stay stuck in my head.

@Wave I know I have pleasant dreams sometimes but I rarely remember them. I have my giraffe stuffy that I’ve had since I was a baby. Sometimes it helps. Tonight I’m gonna go over boyfriends house and try to sleep there for a little bit. He helps me sleep. And I know he can calm me down if I wake up from a nightmare. If I do fall asleep then he’ll probably wake me up early morning like 1ish so that I can go home and sleep at home a little before work.

3 Likes

Those dreams are awful. My husband has them all the time

1 Like

@Pianogal what does he do to deal with them. They’re starting to burn me out and I’m just tired.

1 Like

He’s taking Metformin and sleep medicine but they don’t help. We’re trying to figure out what he can do

1 Like

I have melatonin at home but I’m scared of taking it. I’m scared that I won’t be able to wake up and that I’ll stay trapped in the dream until the melatonin wears off.

1 Like

It’s very gentle. It doesn’t make you that tired. It just calms your mind enough to help you fall asleep

1 Like

doesn’t melatonin help you get to sleep but not stay asleep? I think it’s safe to take it @NeoPolitan02

1 Like

Man I’ve been struck by a bout of nightmares recently too.

The dreams where you can still hear and understand what’s happening around you but’s also still sleepy enough to still dream are the worst. I’m sorry you’re dealing with that.

1 Like

Do you have a therapist you can talk to about them? That might help.

1 Like

Were you able to move? It sounds similar to my sleep paralysis. Believe it or not, but sleeping on the side rather than the back helps

1 Like

@ZmaGal @lekkerhondje I dunno. I’m just scared. At least with how things are now I pretty much know what to expect. That would change things. And theres no guarantee I wouldnt get stuck. I’m sorry I’m not meaning to be self destructive. I’m just scared. I’d just rather not sleep.

@bittercat nightmare buddies?

@crimby no I dont. When moved a couple years back I started transitioning into normal school. I was in highschool at the time. I saw a therapist through the school. I was doing really really good so I eventually stopped seeing her. I havent been to a therapist since.

@Pikasaur I dont know that it was sleep paralysis. Everytime I sort of manage to wake myself up by jolting myself awake. So I can move it’s just really hard to.

1 Like

I understand that. Just keep reminding yourself it was just a dream. It’s not real.

1 Like

Thank you for understanding. I know a lot of people who would have just gotten mad st me for not really being willing to try melatonin right now. I’m working on getting myself in the mindset to try it because i know it might help. I’m just scared right now.

1 Like

That’s ok that you’re scared. Just be gentle with yourself.

1 Like

Nightmare buddies for sure.

1 Like