Still being watched and followed

I went to a restaurant and a man there was from intelligence and joined in my conversation with my friends. He noticed I was smiling while telling a bad story but I was trying to keep it light. He was watching me for his own assessment of the situation. They won’t quit. I’ve told my dr. Not sure what else to do to make it stop.

1 Like

What does that mean ? Did he come over and talk to you guys?

Some guys have no shame and will chat up a group of women at any given opportunity.

We were on seats that faced each other.

Oh. He might just have been friendly then.

1 Like

Sorry about that. That must be really stressful. I hope that feeling passes and you will feel safe.

1 Like

Thanks @see121.

I’m sorry your going through this. Is it usually a man or men doing the following…?

1 Like

Yes. There was one woman who was at the hospital when I had surgery who later followed me to a concert and backstage at the concert but that’s was quite a few years ago

Yeah… men.

Louis C.K, the comedian who got caught up a little in the MeToo movement was one of the more forgivable ones. Because (to me, this is) he said brave things previously like “how the greatest threat to women, is men.”

The proof is in the pudding maybe with this pattern of thinking you’re in… so I’m not going to defend men. (But I was a huge fan of Louis C.K.)

I guess many men are bad at multi-tasking(?) and/or having several irons in the fire… personally I’ve felt like a worker bee in my short lived career and also at times like a marine, especially one you can see coming over the hill.

But I have insight and even learned from these behaviors.

Anyway you added 3 dimensionality to the time you criticized me for the whole cross country thing. And I feel a little bad now!

I have had very bad experiences with men. Please don’t feel bad. It’s not your fault. My experiences color everything in my life. I’m in counseling trying to deal with that.

Ok.

And thank you for saying those magic words as in “It’s not my fault”. Would you believe I explicitly said I’d like to hear that from my folks…? And they seemingly don’t/won’t/can’t. It’s hard to fathom sometimes.

I’m sorry @anon64158233. That must be so hard on you.

1 Like

@CoCo I struggle with this issue too, a lot, and all I can say is that it’s hard. I am always watching and on guard even when I’m not sick (psychotic). I always think i see signs etc. All I can suggest is distraction with lots of self care, indulge in what you like to do and enjoy, and also have quiet time. (And meds and pdoc). Self care doesn’t fix this what you are going through but makes life more bearable. Take care

1 Like

Thanks @Artsygal

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.