State a random interesting fact

Yeah, that’s common knowledge. The Vikings, the Chinese and something like 10 other peoples “discovered” America before Columbus, though the evidence is tenuous at best. And speaking of Columbus, he wasn’t the nicest fellow. He was a murderer and was responsible for thousands of Native-American deaths and brutally punished both his own men and Native-Americans for transgressions. At the time Columbus arrived some of the Native-Americans had cities and cultures that were more advanced and sophisticated then many places in Europe.

3 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

Einstein’s brain went missing when he died in 1955 and was lost for 23 years. The doctor who worked on his autopsy stole it and kept it in a hidden cider box.

2 Likes

For those that want to know more…

1 Like

Speaking of brains, the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia has finally now reopened! I’ve been there a few times, and it’s a kind of daunting yet fascinating look at the various structures of the human body, and what can go wrong with them.

The Mütter Museum /ˈmuːtər/ is a medical museum located in the Center City area of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It contains a collection of anatomical and pathological specimens, wax models, and antique medical equipment. The museum is part of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia. The original purpose of the collection, donated by Dr. Thomas Dent Mutter in 1858, was for biomedical research and education.[2]

muttermuseum.org

4 Likes

So cute :relaxed:!!!

1 Like

I read somewhere that toothbrushes weren’t invented until 1938!!!??

4 Likes

According to this article, that’s when nylon bristles were introduced. So, the toothbrush as we know it today was not invented until 1938, you are correct.

However, they had early forms of the toothbrush as early as 3000 bc.

1 Like

Don’t know, some dolphins have recreational sex and are getting high on blowfish.

1 Like

Dildos are around since ice age.

1 Like

if you are 35 years and 76 days (+ a few minutes) old you are 11,111,111,111,111 seconds old

i googled it first time about 8 hours late

3 Likes

6 Likes

Victoria is the only city in Canada where the weather is mild enough to have palm trees all year round!

I love going outside and being able to see palm trees!

:palm_tree::heart:

4 Likes

Potatoes came to the world from South America.

2 Likes

So thats where my wine went :astonished:

2 Likes

You guys have palm trees!??! Thats amazing. I was put on a community treatment order and tried to escape to b.c. like 2 years ago. Its a beautiful place.

2 Likes

We do!! If you ever get the chance to visit you definitely should, it’s gorgeous here :blush:

3 Likes

4 Likes