Starting treatment next week

i have an appointment next wednesday. i was hospitalized about 4 yrs ago after getting into a fist fight with my brother. i believe they diagnosed me with schizoaffective disorder at the time, but i am not sure because i wanted nothing to do with doctors. i was highly delusional. i believed that there was no way they would help me but make me worse. in the last month or so i decided that there was no way i can live like this anymore so i reached out to my dad and step mother for help. So now here i am waiting to see the doctor next week. I am terrified more than excited. My delusion is very strong even after fighting it for the last few yrs on my own and coming to the conclusion that it is totally false. I decided that i need professional help. I don’t know why i am sharing this exactly. maybe for some assurance that i am making the right decision here. who knows

5 Likes

I wish you good luck, and I hope you get better.

2 Likes

You hired a doctor to help you! Good for you!

Jayster

1 Like

i am nervous, but i have hope so i think it’s for the best. I can’t do it by myself anymore

I made an appt to see a counselor after being without for 3years I think. No psychiatrist yet, but yeah, it will be good to get support, stay encouraged and as others told me here, take a deep breath, you are not alone

1 Like

Nope. I got to a very very low point before seeking professional help. I honestly didn’t think I was going to be able to work again. Now I am.
Good for you for making that step. It is scary but so worth it.

2 Likes

it takes courage to get help…good on you. :heart:
take care :alien:

1 Like

Good that you have reached out to other people. You can’t fight this alone.

Remember one important thing to your appointment. Doctors are NOT mind readers. They only know what you tell them. Don’t keep anything in. If it hard or embarassing to talk about, write a letter to your pdoc.

1 Like

Congratulations! You made the first step in healing! Way to go! I promise it will be worth it in the long run.

1 Like

You’re lucky you have such insight.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Just what i needed to hear. Something that i recently heard was to make your dreams stronger than your fears. I want a life ! Going to fight for it. It is so silly to be so controlled by something that isn’t real. I understand my delusion is false truth now, i still have it, but i am going to get help and overcome it. I am glad i found this group. i wish you all the best

4 Likes