Starting first job in 40min

Didn’t see this until now Nick, interesting to hear that you’ve delivered before.

My first two shifts have been eLearning and dining room duty. We should be starting delivery quite soon. But so far I’m burnt and overwhelmed and I spend half the time in inner panic. I’m just going to get through the first month and maybe things will get better.

3 Likes

It might. I’ve had many ups and downs on my janitor job. The actual work at my janitor job is actually easy about 60% of the time. For me, the hardest part at jobs is socializing with my co-workers. At first I didn’t talk to anybody at my job now. I didn’t talk to my co-workers or the workers in the office building I work in.

Then I started talking to my co-workers and saying “hi” to the office workers. Then I went through a six-month period where I tried to intimidate people and then I rarely talked. Then I started talking to more people and people were very friendly and I stopped the stupid unnecessary intimidation. In my defense, I work on an army base. The soldiers are both men and women and they are very gung-ho and full of piss and vinegar and if I didn’t do something to stick up for myself both men and women would roll right over me like I’m not even there. But when I stopped that it became a very good period for me for about 5 or 6 months

Then I was working one day and I thought, “No one likes me here” . It hit me like a ton of bricks and I was very depressed and lonely. This lasted about seven months until I discovered it was not true at all and that most people at my job like me. Well about 5 months ago another change happened and I started being friendlier and I realized that they were friendly all along. So now I joke around with the prettiest women you’ve ever seen and they like it. I actually pretty much tell the office workers the same stupid jokes I do on here, lol. Anyways, I think you see my point so I’ll shut up now.

1 Like

You’ve got such a good attitude @Nomad! I’m sure you will be successful in whatever you turn your hand to.

1 Like

Hey @Nomad, wishing you the best of luck with the new job. Good on ya for throwing your hat in the ring, mate.

:heart: