Starting abilify tonight

I saw my psychiatrist today and there was a lot to discuss. I start 2.5mg of abilify tonight for high prolactin. It will eventually go to 5mg.

In 3 months time I have to have the prolactin tested again and see if it’s lower.

I’m confidant I won’t be really anxious this time on abilify cause it’s such a small dose and I’m already on paliperidone.

Fingers crossed.

8 Likes

Good luck with Abilify :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks. 151515151515

1 Like

Hope it works out for you, thats a small enough dose so you should be ok

2 Likes

Yes. 2.5mg is just a tiny dose. Good luck with it.

3 Likes

Good luck with everything @Qwerty!

2 Likes

I hope it helps! 2.5 and 5 mg are small doses, so hopefully you don’t get any negative side effects. Good luck!

2 Likes

Good luck!
I’m on abilify and this year’s blood results showed my prolactin to be just one point above the normal range which is not bad for those on ap so my point is it really can hav a gd effect on you

2 Likes

Good luck, @Qwerty! I hope it works.

1 Like

Thanks I’m looking forward to the day my breasts deflate and I stop lactating. Can’t say I’m looking forward to my menstrual cycle coming back though.

It’s weird that you were told to take it in the evening.
My psychiatrist told me to take abilify in the morning, because it can cause agitation and not let you sleep well.

Good luck. My prolactin levels were so high with other medications, but since I take Abilify my prolactin levels are normal.

1 Like
1 Like

Let me know how it does. My psychiatrist suggested the same thing.

1 Like

Hope it went well.abilify is good for some folks.:blush:

2 Likes

hope it works out for you man! i was much happier on abilfy than on paliperidone

1 Like