Starting a new job tomorrow

Good luck. :four_leaf_clover: Hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

Right on!

I hope you enjoy the new job! :+1:

1 Like

Much appreciated, @CoCo @Raven @TomCat @Montezuma!

3 Likes

Congrats, good luck!

1 Like

Congrats on the new gig! Youre gonna kill it out there

1 Like

Thanks guys :grinning: @Winterblues @zwolfgang

1 Like

Hey, I’m so excited to read this!!! I know you will do a great job. Be proud of yourself. :slight_smile: Let us know how it is going for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That actually sounds kinda fun. Good luck with it, the pay is nice!

1 Like

A person with schizophrenia, “Making the world a better place, one scooter at a time.” Good luck, I’m sure you’ll give it your best shot.

3 Likes

Congratulations and good luck!

1 Like

Yeah good luck with it! We have those scooters around Brisbane now. Our bike paths are filled with people scootering around! I’m sure that is a word! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good luck! Congrats!

1 Like

Thanks so much @anon78876561 @agent101g @77nick77 @sea00115699 @rogueone @FatMama !

I’m about to go in in 10 minutes. I’ll report back in 5 hours!

2 Likes

I wish you luck. You’ll do great.

1 Like

I wish you all the best
I love to hear about your job
Congratulations!

1 Like

Congralutions! That sounds like a fun job. Hope you enjoy it!

1 Like

Good luck dude.

Im sure you will kickass at it. You seem like a great guy.

Cheers
Wallafish

1 Like

Appreciate it, @DireStraightsJacket @shellys12 @anon39736208!

@anon39015889 Thank you, Walla, that means a lot!

So it’s been more than the 5 hours I mentioned, but I forgot I had japanese class after work so I haven’t gotten around to writing how it was until now.
The job went well, nothing bad happened. But I wanted to quit halfway through. I seem to have an aversion to new jobs. But I also figured out (this is still just a theory) that the reason I want to quit the jobs I start is because I’m still a newbie and haven’t learned all the things necessary for the job to run smoothly. I know, I know. It was my first day, I’m not supposed to become a pro in just one day. The work shift went smoothly today because I was paired with one of my bosses and he knew what to do when things didn’t go according to plan or something not expected came up. He told me he wouldn’t be coming tomorrow and only one of the other bosses would. I’m afraid of not being paired with him. It’s a 3 newbies to 1 boss ratio, chances are I won’t be paired with him. I’m nervous of things going wrong and there not being anyone there with the expertise to solve them.
Also, I’m deathly afraid of being assigned to drive. Because it’s probably the biggest vans in the market that we use, and if we get to a place in town with very narrow streets I may get stuck and/or scratch the van really badly.
I guess I’m feeling overwhelmed. But I’m gonna try to keep at it and see if I don’t feel like quitting so bad in a week’s time.
Sorry for the rant, everybody

3 Likes

congrats on the job @AccreditedPsych !!

maybe when you are en route to your scooter pickup locations you can listen to music to make the ride more enjoyable and less stressful. music is always a good stress reliever and its even funner listening to music on the road.

your boss seems like he has some faith in you if the training is only one day… ive never drove anything of than a regular car and truck on the road. but i can see your anxiety on not being as sure with a bigger vehicle. when i think of bigger vehicles like that on the road from what i have seen from driving when i had a car and observing bigger vehicle when they get something like what you were talking about with the scraping and hitting smaller roads… is that they go really slow when they get in a rut.

i think if you stick to the main roads you wont have any trouble with getting stuck or scratching the van.

1 Like

Good luck
Give it your best shot
What ever will be will be :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like