Starting a clinical trial

It’s my first day on a new clinical trial. Five weeks. 50/50 chance of either the new med or placebo.
It’s a really mellow place. The smoking patio is open 24/7 and I brought all of my aromatic pipe tobaccos and two briar pipes, plus a ton of rolling papers. We can get diet Cokes whenever we want and microwave food too. In the evening they give you a menu for different local take-out places.
It’s $75 a night so it’s not a huge amount of money for the time spent. I’m hoping I can get a new Fender Jazzmaster at the end, but I might not be able to. Got lots of debt to pay off.

7 Likes

Is it for an antipsychotic or you’re not allowed to say it?

1 Like

Anti-psychotic. 15151515

1 Like

I wonder how it works if you have to stop your current meds and take a placebo. I guess they monitor your symptoms?

1 Like

Which part of the us do you live in, and are you on a NDA so you can’t say which antipsychotic you are in trial for?

1 Like

I stop my current meds and after a while I start taking either the study drug or placebo.
There’s a name for the study drug in the consent, but I don’t remember what it is.
They will keep on eye on me. It’s a controlled environment, so even if I get placebo I’ll be okay. If they see me getting too sick they will pull me from the study. But I hope I can get thru to completion.

2 Likes

You perhaps know that Zen has done a lot of trials. He has a spiritual motivation about it as well as a monetary motivation.

1 Like

Hmm. . .

I’m Gonna Start A Clinical Trial Of Marijuana If You Know What I Mean!.

Well…, When It Gets Legalized Of Course. . .

~P.s. Hope, Trust, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Endlessly Eternal Peace!.~ :eagle: :paw_prints: :eagle:

1 Like

Could you check what’s the name of medicine you have in trial for? I could tell you the potential side effects so you can prepare for it

That’s a good way to mess up a clinical trial. They want to see real side effects, not some that could be brought on by psychosomatics.

Do not share it here.

4 Likes

You wouldn’t have any access to accurate info @swordiebrom. Or any info whatsoever.
They go thru the potential side-effects in the consent form.

Hey mate. Hope it goes well for you. Trials are important parts of the medications process and hope it’s a good med.

1 Like

That’s so cool I want to start a clinical trial but am concerned about side affects plus I’m not in America

1 Like

not me brother…I don’t mess with my ap…wish you the best…and hope you get that guitar you want !!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.