Started to feel depressed when I come here

I am starting to feel depressed when I read the different threads. Maybe one or two out if each 100 gives me a spark of motivation.

I will only be reading in news and recovery sections now.

I wish everyone a hopeful journey. I hope this doesn’t offend anyone.

3 Likes

There is a lot of negativity here. On the one hand, I like hearing about other people’s experiences with this illness — I belong. On the other, most of it happens to be negative experiences.

1 Like

IDK, it’s not indexed properly. I’m not sure if there’s a newsletter and there’s annoying ads up. My main complaint is the dumb banner ads. I don’t frequent forums as much as I used to, even though I’m not working enough. I don’t find enough supportive articles on here. There’s a difference between schizophrenia sites and this one http://www.bphope.com/ for Bipolar disorder.

http://psychcentral.com/resources/ has a lot of articles and resources that are more accessible and are actively updated.

http://www.schizophrenic.com/content/schizophrenia/treatment/schizophrenia-support-groups

I think a good portion of us diagnosed schizophrenics are leaning toward bipolar disorder because there is more support for it and is less shamed and stigmatized.

personally i find it all very informative, funny, strange…supportive.
it is sad that we struggle, but i guess i have taught myself to ’ joke ’ around and not to take things too seroiusly.
take care

1 Like

I admire that about you @darksith - I am too hard on myself sometimes - not necessary

1 Like

you are a good and kind person wave.
take care

1 Like

Thanks @darksith I really appreciate it :smiley:

1 Like

A wide variety of topics discussed under this forum thats open to many interpretations. A good chance you may stumble upon triggers, and a good chance you may find help through your current ones.

1 Like

I just look at med questions and recovery topics. I’ve felt silly before and posted in the delusions section about shiba inus, a silly looking breed of dog. I used to write in the diagnosed section when I was coming to terms with my sexuality and not as recovered, also bored because I was taking only twelve hours of classes. I find that lately this site is getting full of extremely depressing things.

1 Like

I’m seeing that now too

I literally am. I’m glad you have a place to go when your bored…I guess we all need somewhere you know?

Maybe you are more depressed + that’s why you’ve begun to feel that when you come to this site. A possibility -

no offence @Qutaiba but there is a mute feature on this site somewhere, maybe it could be handy :thumbsup:

Can be a bit dark at times. So worth taking some time off every now and then. Preferably before it gets to you.

One time when I was in the hospital the films they showed us about depression were making me depressed. They say that misery loves company, but some times misery just wants to be obliterated. Your current mood and your frame of mind influence the way you react to things.