Started interval training yesterday and

Did it yesterday and today. Today I’m absolutely starving. I’m on a 1200 calorie diet so it’s tough. But I can do this. I know I can. It’s just not easy. But it’s entirely possible.

6 Likes

Training on a starvation diet is not smart.

2 Likes

It’s not a starvation diet. 1200 is enough

You’re starving your muscles. Your muscles will eat muscle to repair the muscle. They’ll atrophy.

Weight loss isn’t everything.

2 Likes

I want to lose weight come Hell or high water. I’m sick of being fat and ugly. I want to be a healthy weight for my height. Right now, even though I’ve lost 45 pounds, I’m still obese

1200 calories is very low for anyone in any situation. Starving yourself isn’t the healthiest way to lose weight! I wish you all the best.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ve cleared it with my dr.

Don’t make the mistake of rushing things. It didn’t go on overnight and it’s not coming off overnight.

Have you made lifestyle changes?

I exercise 4 days a week now. I have been since May. I do cardio and weight lifting. I’m eating healthy too

1 Like

Sweet. Those are lifestyle changes. Your chances of keeping the weight off increases as your lifesstlyle becomes more healthy.

I’ve kept off 70 pounds for the last 4 years because I exercise and eat healthier.

GL

3 Likes

Thanks @anon99082702!

1 Like

Are you on meds and at an acceptable BMI now?

1 Like

You might want to try caplyta as I saw a review on WebMD that you can lose weight on it

1 Like

That’s great. I can’t afford Caplyta, but maybe when it’s no longer new I can. That would be great.

So, what is interval training?
1200 calories sounds ok to me because they used to say (back in the dark ages) that 900 was enough.

1 Like

@chordy, I’m jogging for a short time followed by a slower pace, then back to jogging and then back to the slower pace for 30 minutes. It’s short burst of intensity followed by a short recovery time.

I am on meds.

In 228 lbs and 6’1” tall. So whatever my BMI is…

But since I’ve lost all of the weight, i haven’t had a doctor hassle me about being overweight.

1 Like

Here you go, a bmi calculator:

2 Likes

Ha!

My BMI is 30.1.

25-30 ~ overweight

30.0+ is obese.

I’m obese by like 1 or 2 kilo

2 Likes

More important that losing weight is being able to keep it off. That means working out a diet that won’t make you hungry once you reach your goal. I think that most people end up yoyo dieting.

Also need to meet the protein goal for your amount of lean body mass so there’s no wasting.

1 Like