Star Trek being a trekker

Who else is a Trekker?
I think the earth with its orbiting planets is a giant UFO flying through the vast universe picking up other lifeforms as we can see on TV. The creation of aliens is based on our fantasies.

3 Likes

I think you’re right

2 Likes

Loved sci fi and fantasy and read a lot. Most good sci fi was introspective anyways. It was always about us and technology and our reaction to that!

Star trek wasn’t a favorite. I’d watch it but never made much sense to me. Much rather the old classic twilight zones… There was some good writers of them and I think Ray Bradbury wrote some of them.

Captain Kirk. Not a fan although I did like his spoken word … :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If liking the original series with Spock, Captain Kirk and Bones and the rest of the crew makes me a trekkie I guess I am. haha

3 Likes

I can see that! I do like sci fi but it was a bit later for me…I was even too old for star wars but too young for star trek!

It’s always a good conversation. I’d rather those old Captain Kirk episodes over those other newer ones…they were always a bit of fun!

Didn’t want to rain on your parade…I grew up on sci fi…I’m a bit of a tool when it comes to it! haha!

My bad!

4 Likes

oh no problem @rogueone I didn’t mean you were wrong…I was just saying I like the old Star Trek…and man, I am a big Star Wars fan. the first series of Star Wars…I’ve seen the newer Star Wars but the best ones out there was the first ones! and you are not a tool. haha

3 Likes

The good old times when digital technology came to life. It makes the aliens all look so real.

2 Likes

I’m a fan, seen all the episodes except for the original series.

1 Like

I like all the possible problems they go threw. Reminds me always of dealing with mental illness.

2 Likes

I greatly enjoyed TNG and deep space nine when I was a kid. I’m not as hardcore as some trekkies, but I know more about the universe than many.

2 Likes

I want a Tribble for my birthday. I hear they’re trouble though.

2 Likes

Im not a passionate trekkie but I do watch star trek deep space nine and voyager every night :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know about that but I love voyager!

2 Likes

Trekkie here! Currently working my way through next generation again because it is on Netflix loving it but to me the original films are my favourite :heart:

3 Likes

I watched Star Trek TNG as a kid. A lot of the physics such as the Enterprise orbiting earth, phasers & photon torpedoes were of fiction but nevertheless the show was entertaining.

3 Likes

Stargate is a great show as well.

1 Like

Tribbles everywhere.
I also like stargate.

1 Like

Seems this thread is not getting closed.there is a song startrekking across the universe. I find it funny. One lyric goes “We come in peace and shoot to kill”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.