St. Patrick's Day

Yeah quite a big thing in Australia. Green beers all around :beers:

Some people do around here. Most just use it as an excuse to go out and get wrecked.

3 Likes

It looks like a river of antifreeze :smirk:

6 Likes

I have a friend who was born on St Patrickā€™s day; he has a fancy green pimp suit. After work, he put it on in the locker room. He wanted to show his coworker his new suit, so he asked the security guard (over speaker) to buzz him back in so he could show Rita his birthday suit. Every head stuck out of every cubicle as he made his way down the aisle.

2 Likes

my dad and i use to celebrate St. Patrickā€™s day together. my partner would make corn beef and cabbage. my in laws complained about it every year so we donā€™t make it anymore. they donā€™t even like me wearing green anymore on st patrickā€™s day but i got a forever reminder of my irish roots. i have a tattoo of a shamrock with the colors of the Irish flag on it.

@cbbrown I just bought a couple corned beef briskets and cabbage to make this friday!! Itā€™s one of my favorite meals and holidays!

3 Likes

@jukebox that is awesome. i canā€™t wait until St. Patrickā€™s day this year. iā€™m going to wear no green on purpose and when the kids go to pinch me iā€™m gonna show them my tattoos. i have two green tattoos. One is the shamrock i described early then thereā€™s the green tree frog on my wrist.

i learned that from my dad. my dad always said he never had to wear green on St. Patrickā€™s Day because he has green eyes.

2 Likes

huh, good pointā€¦I have green eyes too !! well, Iā€™m glad you are going to have fun. you sound betterā€¦are you?

i am doing okay, taking care of inlaws pets mostly. their guinea pigs, rat, cat and their shih tzu. i love animals but the furries are just too much. especially for kay, the ammonia from their pee aggravates her asthma.

1 Like