Squeezed another year out of my iphone

I bought an iPhone 6s Plus in 2015. I thought it would not get the new iOS this September.

But it is! I was saving up for a new phone in September but don’t need to now.

Cool bananas!

3 Likes

Wow, that’s a very long time to own a phone. I’ve never had an Android phone that received an OS upgrade.

I always buy cheapo Android phones. I think the more expensive ones get OS upgrades.

1 Like

I was worried that if it didn’t get the OS upgrade it would be a security risk. But luckily I get another year out of this bad boy

1 Like

Actually, having said that, my cheapo Android phones did get security updates. Just not OS upgrades.

1 Like

Yeah security upgrades are more important than OS in my opinion

1 Like

Apple has a longer update cycle for most of its phones, 5-6yrs, Google update cycle is 4yrs OS & security. Samsung I think its 4yrs security and 3yrs OS.

2 Likes

@anon94176359 How much storage do you have in your iPhone 6S Plus? 16, 32, 64 or 128? How is the battery health of your iPhone?

2 Likes

Is the 128gb. The inbuilt battery app says it is at 93% capacity

1 Like

Wow, storage is not a problem. Did you replace the battery recently because 93% is quite high for an iPhone purchased in 2015.

1 Like

Xiaomi should receive Android 11 this summer I read. My Google Pixel 2 got Android 11 last October but Google phones get faster and more updates than Xiaomi and Samsung.

3 Likes

I have never replaced the battery but I operate the phone with pretty good ‘battery hygiene’. I think I have been lucky

2 Likes

The iPhone 6S Plus has a low market share in the US.

1 Like

The processing power leap from 6 to 6s was substantial. I really rate my 6s plus

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.