Spring lake ranch

It was summer of 2014
We had started off for a hike
Upon the white mountains of Vermont
I was living on a therapeutic farm
We didn’t work on Sunday’s.
So we went for a hike.
On this farm we would choose between four crews to be on.
I chose gardening the first two weeks.
We could also do shop, woods, or farm crew.
When we started off hiking
It was clear me and a kid named Omar were the two best hikers.
I was fast but he was even faster.
Omar was a schizophrenic. A Muslim Canadian with blonde hair who had been turned down by the army for hearing voices and for showing lack of discipline at times.
I didn’t want Omar to be all alone. He kept marching on. I kept following him to the best of my strides ability.
As we got ahead of the pack. We lost the group and missed our turn.
I wasn’t functioning very well mentally at this point in my life.
I had terrible anxiety and flashbacks to drugs. Hence why I had gone to a rehab of some sorts.
Nevertheless I knew I couldn’t leave Omar in the woods all alone. I couldn’t persuade him to turn around either so we stopped and smoked cigarettes and then we kept going. On our quest. We finally saw a person but they had no idea where the white mountains were. We were lost.
When we realized we were lost we saw a snake. When we saw a snake Omar said it’s a murder snake. I was scared. Here was Omar a huge burly strong dude and he’s talking about murdering me. Practically he could throw me down the ravine if he wanted.
Maybe he was just trying to scare me.
I didn’t say anything.
We kept walking.
For hours on end.
Finally we see more people. They tell us there’s a parking lot right there.
We walk 300 feet we reach a parking lot.
I see a man who seems Amish. He rudely mocks me when I asked if he had a cell phone. He probably was Amish.
Then a van drives by. I pull it over.
This hippie lady said is anything alright hunny. Her nipple was falling out. She was with her sister. They two were white but They had 5 black children in her backseat. Clearly they were adopted. I could barely speak. Hyperventilating from anxiety. As the children giggled. I say we need a cell phone we walked 20 miles we were lost in the woods.
The lady says here have some water and some snacks. I said no but Omar accepted their gifts.
They insisted. I ended up taking a water but i was good on food. They invited us to the rainbow gathering. They said their cell phone was out of battery. They said there would be food and maybe phones there. The rainbow gathering is a yearly hippie festival that happened to be right where we walked to. So we start walking to the rainbow gathering. A police car drives by. I pull him over and once again tell him my story. He astonishingly says to turn in the other direction and go to the bottom of the hill and stay put. And then he would help me out. He calls up our farm. They come to pick us up. We never get to go to the rainbow gathering. I’ll always regret it. But it was for the best. If I did lsd at the rainbow gathering it wouldn’t have been good. Although probably would be a fun time. I’d get kicked out of my farm. Rather we got picked up after an hour of waiting. She drove us 45 minutes home. We had walked so far that day. We felt shame. But we ate a meal they saved for us and did our chores with our heads down. Omar would later blame it on me. Why we got lost in the woods. “He said the same thing about you.” A staff member said. Oh well it didn’t matter. If I was a hero that day I’ll never be appreciated for it. But it’s the intent that matters. I may have saved Omar from getting lost. Or I just lead him deeper into the woods. Whatever. It was a hell of a walk in the woods that day.

9 Likes

Great story! One of many you have told on this forum.

1 Like

Wow! Is this a true story? @Jonnybegood?

1 Like

Yes 100% true. I feel if I expand on the story and do a little editing it could be a good chapter in some book lol. I wrote this real fast but there’s so much more I could say about this hike. I’m on a walk now brainstorming what I’m gonna add to it :thinking:

1 Like

My brain can’t read it all so I skipped parts except for the nipple hanging out :joy:

1 Like

I get headaches from reading big texts :frowning:

1 Like

Haha at least you caught the best part. Sorry bout ur reading comprehension skills. That must be frustrating. Ive been able to read again. I just need to put more effort into my writings.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.