Spiderman back in MCU

1 Like

Back in the MCU? I wasn’t aware he ever left.

I was kind of disappointed with Far from Home but I’m still glad I watched it. The next one will probably be better.

1 Like

Disney and Sony had a massive fall out and their rights deal fell apart, so there would have been no cross over with MCU.

This is good news.

There were rumours disney were going to try and buy the rights back for billions for the films and merchandise.

1 Like

it wouldve sucked if they didnt figure things out and he was actually no longer in the mcu, he is probably top 3 popularity of mcu characters

1 Like

Yeah I read the article sounds like something bad happened between the last movie and now, I’m really glad they worked things out because the MCU needs spider man. Sony’s Spider Man movies really aren’t that great IMO, I’d hate to think of their partnership ruining things. Venom was just okay.

1 Like

Apparently Sony might sell it’s entertainment division. Maybe Disney will buy that too! When their streaming service comes out eventually it will be the only one worth having as they’ll own pretty much everything by then!

1 Like

I need to look into the specifics of the deal they have, but you’d think Marvel Studios would let the deal expire and not renew it now that Spider-Man is in the MCU. I would kill to see Venom in the MCU, as it is starved for quality villains. Maybe someday :smiley:

Yeah that’s possible, Disney buying it. Disney sure does have a lot of money. Acquiring Marvel was smart, they needed something to balance out all the princess stuff and widen their appeal.

1 Like

What does MCU stand for?

Marvel Cinematic Universe

1 Like

I was about to ask the same thing.

I’ll second that. I love Tom Hardy, but man, did Eddie Brock ever come across as a doofus in this one. The villain was more annoying than scary, and so on. And a Venom origin without Spidey? What the hell!!!

1 Like