Sparing your kidneys

What types of things can you do to spare your kidneys? Is there certain foods to avoid or supplements? Or are there things you can eat or drink to support kidney function that you know of?

1 Like

Cranberry juice is supposed to be good for your kidneys :slightly_smiling_face:

Paging @gcar-- didn’t you just finish a test on the kidneys?

2 Likes

I think my sister just donated one of her kidneys. Which is good for me because being family if I ever need a kidney I’ll be at the top of the list. One of the perks of donating.

1 Like

That was very kind of her.

1 Like

Its called the Renal Diet and it’s supposed to preserve kidney function.

Didn’t work for my mother in law as she would never follow it, now she’s down to 5% kidney function.

My neighbor, who also has kidney disease, adheres to the diet and keeps in shape.

She’s managed to keep 20% of her kidney function for years and years.

3 Likes

Thank you @anon54386108

1 Like

Wow, that’s really eye opening

1 Like

Any adaptogenic herb or mushroom is supposed to be good for and balance all the bodys organs. For instance Bacopa, Reishi, Chaga or Schizandra. Also Cardamom is supposed to be a tonic for the kindneys.

1 Like

lol yeah I love medicine questions. k its more like Its good for the ureters, urethra and bladder. …voiding before and after helps too… if infections are recurrent prophalaxis single dose antibiotics are typically administered afterwards. all and all the cranberry juice intensified the ph shifts throughout the reabsorption, absorption and filtration processes. so yes very good for you (in moderation) & its high in potassium and vitamin C. Hope this helpsed :star_struck: :tiger: :alien: :palm_tree:

2 Likes

For renal health, consider controlling ions like potassium, sodium, calcium and phosphorus and fluid and protein. restrictions are specific to stage of kidney disease

1 Like

My friend adhered to this prior to her kidney transplant, and it kept her alive and well enough to stay on the transplant list. She has since had 2 babies, which I think is incredible for someone with a transplant.

3 Likes

What a blessing

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.