Space Force, newest branch of the military, will launch Aug. 29 (2019)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/space-force-newest-branch-military-172204903.html

The Space Force is being created out of what’s now the U.S. Space Command, a division of the Air Force. Air Force general John Raymond has been tapped and confirmed by the Senate as its first leader.

This is some cool stuff. So I take it the Pararescuemen are the new space soldiers. Exciting times.

4 Likes

Even though the US dont currently have a launch system to get people into space. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

So how have people been getting to the International Space Station? Russia?

1 Like

Yeah they are currently using Russian Soyuz rockets. Space X might have some in about 4 years though.
Actually sooner, they have the falcon 9 thing in development.

1 Like

The Russians have been to Venus right? I think I heard something where an Asian country is sending a satellite there or something. I forgot most the story.

1 Like

I think a lander went to venus yes, not sure what country it was though.

1 Like

How will the countries claim territory when we start setting up colonies on other planets?

1 Like

Not sure, I guess it is whoever gets there first.

1 Like

In Star Trek they were derived from the Navy right. Hence they have Admirals and Navy terminology.

Maybe there was some type of competition between the Navy and Air Force to see who got control of the space command? Just a guess.

1 Like

I don’t think they tell you.

1 Like

I can haz Space Force?

3 Likes

Call me when they implement a program to genetically alter raccoons :smiley:

Good question about ownership. The colonies would probably have to have their own governments, if governing from across an ocean is hard (early days of British colonization of America), think about trying to govern from across space.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.