Sorry for the interruption - upgraded the software

Hi Folks - sorry for the interruption - I was upgrading the forum software and had some problems - I think its all fixed now. Let me know if you have any issues.

1 Like

I noticed that the forum seemed to be a bit screwy a little while ago. Among other things, I couldn’t give any “likes.” It seems to be better now. Thank you.

Yes - usually I don’t do this during the day - but the forums seemed slow and I thought it would only take a minute. Of course - ran into issues and it too much longer. Anything that can go wrong, will - Murphy’s law :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HI Brian, I notice that when we delete an answer, the notice says that it will be deleted in 400 hours!! You obviously mean 48 hours.

Strange - let me check into it. When do you get that message exactly - when you delete a posting you’ve made?

When you answer another persons question on a post but then delete it you will get that message. For instance if I deleted THIS, I then I would get the message with the 400 in it.

I haven’t noticed any major problems. I’m normally not on in the day, I wait until later in the evening because my mind is more alert during that time.

what were you trying to do with the software?

The programmers that wrote the forum software update it to new versions regularly to fix bugs, enhance security, and add features. When they do, the forum needs to be upgraded to the latest version.

Now that I think about it, some of us had been suggesting the use of open source software here for a long time. It’s good to see it arrive. :+1:

1 Like

whats that open source?

Basically, it lets users see the code that makes up a program so they can share and modify it if they choose.

Here’s a much better definition.

http://opensource.org/osd