Sorry folks - can I unload on you?

Really, really anxious at the moment. Is just horrible. I know this is a sz forum primarily but I am also having big problems with anxiety.

I feel I have a reputation as being histrionic by my community mental health team so I am not gonna phone them. My folks are too old to cope with me.

I call the crisis line but they are only open out of office hours

3 Likes

So this doctors appointment really set you off? Just put it behind you and look forward to getting on Clozapine. It really made me feel much more comfortable.

1 Like

why are you anxious?

1 Like

Thanks @TheBest. I don’t think it was solely down to the appointment - just kinda intrinsically anxious

1 Like

Sorry folks- can I unload on you?

There’s websites for that. :joy:

8 Likes

Am not sure why I am anxious and this kinda makes me feel a bit worse if that makes sense?

1 Like

Uber lol paddy! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Some things I do to calm down are:

Put an ice pack on the back of your head. This will cool down your brain and reduce activity in your limbic system, where emotions happen.

Do a task with simple, clear steps. I like baking. I follow the recipe, and it’s easy enough that I don’t get frustrated, but it requires enough concentration that I don’t have room to think about other things. Cleaning also helps.

Engage your five senses. This will remind you what is real and what isn’t. Listen to soothing music. Smell something pleasant, like an essential oil. Suck on a hard candy. Look at pictures of things you enjoy. Feel something with an interesting texture, like a piece of Velcro or a stress ball.

Try to levitate something with your mind. You obviously won’t succeed, but it gets you to focus all of your attention on a single point outside your body, instead of on your thoughts. I like to use this on airplanes or in public places, because it doesn’t require you to move at all. It looks like you’re just daydreaming to observers.

5 Likes

i think phoning your community mental health team would actually be an act of humility. Youd be setting a good example for some of the people who look up to you by admitting when you need help. Dont be afriad to call them if you need to brotha

1 Like

remember it’s not just the mind, but the body

wish you could get yourself into a whirlpool

there’s one here for 5 dollars a visit

always makes me calm down.

1 Like

@anon94176359,

You seem to take so many things to heart. Try to live a little more carefree, and don’t let a few bumps in the road spoil your journey.

I know that’s easier said than done mind you. You’re a great contributor to this forum, and nobody would ever accuse you of ‘histrionics’ around this website.

1 Like

Anxiety is the bane of my life too. I don’t know what to suggest.

But here goes: Avoid coffee or cut it down at least. Ask your doctor for some(a few) emergency benzos. L-theanine can help for a few hours.

1 Like

Yeah I cut coffee last week. Just tea nowadays

3 Likes

do you think its just a med problem?

1 Like

Honestly not sure. I have been reducing seroquel on doctors orders that might be involved

1 Like

@anon94176359

I’m with you. Sometimes, I get anxiety and or panic attacks with no real reason… or, not much of one. Do you have gad or a phobia?

If you need me, you can pm or respond here. Your choice. Hope you feel well, and soon!

1 Like

Symptoms of anxiety in schizophrenia are associated with cognitive deficits, a greater risk of relapse, poorer quality of life, and an increased risk of suicide [6]. Moreover, anxiety is considered a basic construct in the development of schizophrenia [7]. In fact, the comorbidity of ADs in schizophrenia seems often to be related to delusions and hallucinations (though such disturbances can occur in the absence of ADs) [8]. Despite its clinical relevance, the comorbidity of ADs and schizophrenia is poorly understood. This highlights the need to identify the neurobiological substrate that underlies the co-occurrence of these psychiatric conditions.

Your anxiety shouldn’t be ignored . I can understand your need to unload.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.